I’m hiring a Community Manager for our open source digital publishing tool, Quire! It’s a 2-year gig focused on building and engaging the user community as well as developing support channels and materials. Some conference/workshop travel included. Target hiring range is $63–82K, full benefits, but remote work not a possibility unfortunately. Learn more about Quire at https://gettypubs.github.io/quire/ and read about and apply to the position at
Some of the key skills and qualifications:
- 3–5 years professional experience with a minimum of 2 years in community development and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrable facility with some form of web technology, such as basic knowledge of HTML and CSS, or experience working with a blogging platform like WordPress or Squarespace.
- Familiarity with best practices in open source software community management as seen in resources such as The Art of Community by Jono Bacon, or Mozilla’s Open Leadership programs.
- Experience developing educational/training materials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrating empathy, engagement and enthusiasm.
Also, while I’m not the hiring manager for them, there are a number of other pretty great jobs open at Getty now that might be of interest. Some have been posted for a while though and might be disappearing soon, so get on it if there are any that interest you!
- Visual and Interaction Designer ($63–82K)
- Social Media Manager ($63–82K)
- Digital Editor ($75–97K)
- Collections Management Systems Support Specialist ($63–82K)
- Senior Software Engineer, Interpretive Team
- Senior Software Engineer, Research Applications Team
oh, and did I mention …
- Quire Community Manager ($63–82K)