Connecting museum innovators with leading-edge technology and digital practices from around the world.
Pre-conference Tours, Sunday December 8:
- Curation in the 21st Century: Walking tour of contemporary Asian art at the Asia Society, followed by gallery visits on Hong Kong Island.
- Transmedia and Immersive Experiences: Fotan Artist studios, Bruce Lee at the Hong Kong Heritage Museum, and immersive media at The Run Run Shaw Creative Media Center (bus tour).
Pre-conference Workshops, Monday December 9: Get $50 off your workshop! Discount code: c60d-1f23-383f-dd11
- Analyzing the Past, Designing the Future: From Multimedia via Hypermedia to the user as ‘virtual co-curator’ – Harald Kraemer, Switzerland
- Digital Production: developing, implementing and evaluating your digital project – Lynda Kelly, Australia
- Make Video Right Now – Anna Chiaretta Lavatelli, United States
- Making it Pretty and Easy: Video for Museums on the Cheap – Anna Chiaretta Lavatelli, USA
- Developing Digital Strategies – Michael Parry, Australia
- The How-to’s, Why-to’s, If-to’s, Where-to’s of Crowdfunding Museum Programs and Projects in Asia – Leonard Steinbach, USA
- Web Archiving Workshop – Lori Donovan, USA
Conference: December 10-12, 2013
Program highlights include keynotes by Met CDO Sree Sreenivasan (read his recent NY Times interview: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/27/arts/artsspecial/so-many-stories-to-tell-for-mets-digital-chief.html?_r=1& ), the Google Art Project town hall, the Mobile Parade, the Curator as DJ, immersive trans-media experiences from Bruce Lee to the Cleveland Museum of Art, reception in the Hong Kong Maritime Museum’s new venue and the best in museum technology from social media and digital strategy to education, evaluation and professional training: http://mwa2013.museumsandtheweb.com/program/
- 4-night Registration Package: Full conference Registration plus 4 nights in the conference hotel (limited time offer): US$1600 code WA2013
- 5-night Registration Package: Full conference Registration plus 5 nights in the conference hotel (limited time offer): US$1850 code MWA2013
- Other rates (day registration; registration only) available online at http://mwa2013.museumsandtheweb.com/registration/; let us know if you need more nights in the Hotel.
- Hong Kong Local? We have special discount for Locals. Use this coupon code to get $100 off from registration! e7e0-3cf8-8196-c9e5
- Special rates end November 7, 2013.
SHERATON HONG KONG HOTEL & TOWERS, 20 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong http://www.starwoodhotels.com/
1). Shao-Chun Wu from National Palace Museum of Taiwan and others will discuss the impact of the Google Art Project in museums: http://mwa2013.museumsandtheweb.com/proposals/asia-art-museum-on-google-art-project-a-web-log-analysis-of-national-palace-museums-participation-in-google-art-project/
All attendees at MWA2013 are invited to contribute to the presentations and discussion in this session. Please let use know if you’d like to join the conversation: email@example.com
2). Everyone’s favorite, the Mobile Parade, is offered on Tuesday, December 10 at 4:45pm – 6pm!
Short, fast presentations of mobile projects and research, followed by the opportunity to speak with presenters at length at their demonstration booths in the exhibit hall.
Full program details: http://mwa2013.museumsandtheweb.com/program/
We look forward to meeting you, and thank you for bringing your experience and expertise to the global museum community in Hong Kong!