Find and add to extensive documentation on the CMA’s Gallery One and ArtLens projects in MW’s Showcase.
Take a Deep Dive into Gallery One at the Cleveland Museum of Art
18-19 September 2013
You heard about the ground-breaking “Gallery One” from Jane Alexander, Caroline Goeser and Jake Barton at Museums and the Web 2013 in April. If you haven’t yet made it to the Cleveland Museum of Art to experience this revolutionary new approach to transforming the art museum, now’s your chance!
September 19, 9am – 10am:
Overview and Q&A by Jane Alexander, Director of Information Management and Technology Services and Caroline Goeser, Director of Education and Interpretation
1. Developing rich content for mobile experiences – Jennifer Foley, Director of Interpretation
2. Immersive experiences, Gallery One and the Permanent Collection – Caroline Goeser, Director of Education and Interpretation and Seema Rao, Director of Intergenerational Learning
3. The Collection Wall: The Road to Digital Capture – Mary Suzor, Director of Collections Management and Andrea Bour, Collections Information Data Analyst
September 19, 11:00am-12:00pm:
1. Staffing models, structures, C-level leadership, when to outsource – Caroline Goeser, Director of Education and Interpretation and Jane Alexander, Director of Information Management and Technology Services
2. Exploring Evaluation Methods for Digital Technologies – Elizabeth Bolander, Director of Communications and Research and Meghan Stockdale, Audience Research Associate
3. Content management, content on demand – Niki Krause, Applications Services Manager and Jon Seydl, The Paul J. and Edith Ingalls Vignos, Jr. Curator of European Painting and Sculpture
Wed, September 18
- 5:00pm-6:00pm: Staff guided Gallery One experience. iPads will be available to borrow for free but individuals will need to leave an ID with the technician as security deposit.
- 6:00pm-7:00pm: Reception with a cash bar in the North Court Lobby of the Atrium
Thu, September 19
- Breakfast: on your own
- 9:00 – 9:50am: Welcome by David Franklin, President & C.E.O.; Overview and Q&A by Caroline Goeser, Director of Education and Interpretation and Jane Alexander, Director of Information Management and Technology Services
- 10:00am-12:00pm: Workshops in which CMA staff will share their learnings, and ask for feedback from participants. All workshops will be held in Classrooms C, F and G
- 12pm: Box Lunch in the Classroom B
- 1:00pm: Program ends, but the Museum remains open!
Special Offer from The Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland (MOCA)
MOCA invites MW at CMA attendees to visit MOCA’s new building during their time in Cleveland. The museum is directly across the street from the Courtyard Cleveland University Circle hotel. MOCA Staff will be on hand to welcome us at 4pm on Wed Sept 18 and 2:30pm on Thurs 19 Sept at 11400 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44106. For details on the building and Museum, visit http://mocacleveland.org/