The Corporation of the Fine Arts Museums is seeking an Applications Manager with a strong combination of technical and business skills and who is highly motivated and forward-thinking to implement and streamline technical solutions to meet the evolving business needs of the organization.
This role manages the coordination, implementation and maintenance of core business applications and guides the selection and successful implementation of software solutions across the organization. The Applications Manager determines which applications are required to improve business operations to fit in an overall process architecture. Works to establish methodologies, standards, and tools to manage core applications within the organization. This position works with stakeholders to assess business process requirements. The Applications Manager communicates effectively with stakeholders of varying technical skills at all levels of the organization; identifies areas for in-depth investigation and works to define and document process mapping for those areas.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support and problem resolution for enterprise business applications systems, including CRM, ticketing/membership, e-marketing, and e-commerce systems.
- Coordinate and manage 3rd party support requests.
- Control, monitor, and implement application change requests.
- Develop protocols and procedures for introducing new applications.
- Coordinate with the IT team to ensure infrastructure is ready for new application implementations.
- Provide application user training when needed.
- Analyze current business processes, identify improvements, and develop workflow and application solutions.
- In collaboration with the IT Director and stakeholders, assess the current state of enterprise business applications and develop an application roadmap that supports the implementation of the Museum Strategic Plan.
- Monitor application developments and trends in the industry and consider ways to make the business more efficient and successful.
- Build positive and effective relationships with stakeholders, peers, vendors, and other team members.
Education: BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience required.
- 3+ years of application management experience, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms
- 3+ years of experience in project management of technology implementations, change management, and process improvement
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate working knowledge of software applications and customer/end user solutions
- Knowledge of system design, development, implementation, and user support principles and practices
- Project management and change management experience
- Experience in analyzing business requirements and processes and business process automation
- Vendor and consulting services contract negotiation and management skills
- Experience implementing cloud and SaaS solutions
- Experience with Microsoft and Google product suites
- Experience with ticketing and membership sales systems, and CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Experience with database management a plus
- Experience with leading and facilitating user training
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sensitive to user needs, can develop productive user relationships; collaborate well in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Present strong communication and decision-making skills in interacting with a broad range of technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to balance conflicting and competing goals of stakeholders in order to build consensus. Seek to understand stakeholders, communicating in concise terms tailored to the audience.
- Shows personal accountability, leadership, teamwork, and initiative
- Demonstrates sound judgment in ambiguous situations
- Works with minimum supervision
COFAM offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
COFAM is the Corporation of Fine Arts Museums and is the privately funded non-profit corporation which supports the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, a department of the City and County of San Francisco.
COFAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in all phases of employment in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco are the city’s largest public arts institutions and comprise the de Young and the Legion of Honor museums. The de Young, designed by Herzog & de Meuron and located in Golden Gate Park, showcases American art from the 17th through the 21st centuries, international contemporary art, textiles and costumes, and art from the Americas, the Pacific, and Africa. The Legion of Honor displays a collection of over 4,000 years of ancient and European art including Auguste Rodin’s The Thinker and houses the Achenbach Foundation for Graphic Arts in a Beaux-Arts style building overlooking Lincoln Park and the Golden Gate Bridge.