AVAILABLE: August 2021
JOB TITLE: Associate Designer
REPORTS TO: Manager of Creative Production
New-York Historical Society, a preeminent educational and research institution, is home to both New York City’s oldest museum and to one of the nation’s most distinguished independent research libraries. New-York Historical is dedicated to presenting exhibitions and public programs and fostering research that reveals the dynamism of history and its influence on the world of today. Founded in 1804, its holdings cover four centuries of American history and include one of the world’s greatest collections of books, manuscripts, graphic materials, historical artifacts, and American art documenting the history of the United States as seen through the prism of New York.
The Associate Designer is a creative, collaborative person who’s excited by the New-York Historical Society and eager to contribute to its 217-year-old mission. The ideal candidate is a skilled designer who will work with the Manager of Creative Production and the rest of the Communications Department to produce and distribute New-York Historical’s branded content across multiple platforms.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Creates and manages branded graphics for ads, exhibition and institutional marketing campaigns, and institutional digital products;
- Maintains New-York Historical’s visual brand on all projects
- Assists with creating and resizing images on New-York Historical’s website and social media platforms;
- Resizes existing ad concepts for various web and social formats;
- Assists with the creation and maintenance of New-York Historical podcast’s visual brand through web presence, advertising, and social media;
- Assists with asset management, downloads photo albums, and keeps departmental folders organized and up to date;
- Acts as a contact for brand assets to share with other departments and institutional partners;
- Manages Google Adwords;
- Conducts email and website analysis and reporting.
- A Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field;
- A minimum of 1-3 years of graphic design experience, preferably in a museum or non-profit setting;
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator);
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to set and meet deadlines;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position will require the employee to lift (up to 25 lbs.), bend, stoop, walk, speak and stand for up to 8 hours in a day. Sedentary computer work is also required.
TO APPLY: Please follow this link to submit your application https://www.nyhistory.org/about/job-opportunities?gnk=apply&gni=8a7885ac7ad00359017b2b798ef30607&gns=MuseWeb
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.