We are looking for a talented Associate Manager of Finance & Administration to drive change in the day-to-day operation of the department so as to enable the team to better respond to the fast-growing digital demands of the institution and our audiences. We are looking for a solutions-orientated, taskmaster with strong financial management experience and a demonstrated passion for efficient and consistent workflows.
The Administrator will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the 70-person department from financial management and budgeting to scheduling and workflow oversight.
You will develop budget management strategies, organize budget planning, prepare financial analyses for senior Budget and Development staff, and communicate regularly with Development, Finance and the Controller’s Office to ensure clear communication regarding department finances and fundraising efforts. You will oversee program management across all of the Department’s projects, manage workflows relating to core Departmental documentation and facilitate human resources processes and administrative training of staff across the Department.
Grounded in empathy, you inspire colleagues and motivate by setting clear objectives, workflows and roadmaps in partnership with the team. The ideal candidate would have a passion for and knowledge of the cultural sector and mission-based institutions. The candidate would also have a proven track record of financial management and administration leadership. This role will report to the Deputy Chief of Digital.
- Develop, implement and manage workflows that enable the efficient operation of the department’s budgets and scheduling
- Manage the annual budgeting process, meeting with Team and Project Managers to develop, review and revise budgets and strategically manage income.
- Assemble, analyze, and report on financial data concerning expenses, revenue, endowment income, gift/grant, and other support.
- Coordinate personnel administration and manage performance evaluation processes.
- Develop workflows and management tools that empowers efficient and informed decision making
- Judiciously prioritize product roadmaps / backlog in collaboration with the team
- Set and manage quality standards
- Drive tangible and measurable results
- Build and manage a team of Administrators in a highly competitive talent market
- Review performance and provide ongoing career path support and mentorship
- Foster departmental cohesion, synergy, and culture
- Create optimal environment for success and continuous improvement
- Interface regularly with the DM Leadership and Management team to share learningsExperience and Skills
- 5 years of experience working in a similar administrative or management function
- Demonstrated ability to set budgets and produce financial reports
- Ability to effectively manage and mentor teams within a complex institutional environment
- Exceptional organizational skills, extremely detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Highly motivated and results-oriented
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience working with Workday a plus
- Knowledge and Education
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred; Master’s in Business Administration or Arts Administration a plus
- Experience working in a museum or a related sector is desirable
SEND RESUMES TO : firstname.lastname@example.org