The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation (SRGF) is seeking an Associate Project Manager, Interactive for a 12-month position who will support interactive production for select Guggenheim initiatives and areas of Guggenheim.org, including a large-scale Content Management System build and migration project and international special projects. Reporting to the Interactive Project Manager, the Associate Interactive Project Manager will help ensure that projects remain on track to meet strategic objectives and metrics, and help manage schedules, tasks, deliverables, and reviews for multiple parties internal to and external to the Guggenheim. The candidate must have strong project management and communications skills, and experience with the creation of innovative digital products. The Associate Project Manager, Interactive collaborates closely with members of the Interactive department to ensure consistency of quality, processes, and deliverables, and interfaces with stakeholders in range of departments including Curatorial, Education, Marketing, PR, External Affairs, and Publishing and Digital Media.
Founded in 1937, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is dedicated to promoting the understanding and appreciation of art, architecture, and other manifestations of visual culture, primarily of the modern and contemporary periods. The Guggenheim realizes this mission through exceptional exhibitions, education programs, research initiatives, and publications. The Guggenheim strives to engage and educate an increasingly diverse international audience through its unique network of museums and partnerships. With nearly three million annual visitors worldwide, the Guggenheim and its network is one of the most visited cultural institutions in the world.
- Manage schedules, milestones, and tasks against plans on a daily basis to help ensure successful execution on business and creative requirements while remaining within project budget and delivering on time.
- Report regularly to Interactive Project Manager on progress, identify any project delays, and proactively recommend solutions for existing or potential problems.
- Collaborate with project teams to plan and coordinate digital strategy and execution.
- Help traffic and format deliverables including photos, videos, texts, and other media.
- Assist with discussions and meetings with internal museum stakeholders and external vendors for interactive planning and implementation, including generating meeting notes.
- Collaborate with Interactive department staff to ensure consistency of standards and processes, including writing style guides and other documentation as needed.
- Monitor and document interactive initiatives including analysis, tracking and/or evaluation tools and reports. Provide website analytics data and key milestones.
- Assist with Quality Assurance (QA) of content migration to new Content Management System.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of a BA or BS degree
- 2-4 years of work experience in related field; candidates with experience in museums, art galleries, performing arts, cultural organizations, and digital agencies are especially encouraged to apply
- Experience managing digital projects including websites, blogs, mobile and application development with large groups of distributed stakeholders and project team members
- Expert knowledge of all phases of web development from concept to information architecture to design, development, and QA.
- Strong administration, organization, and management skills and ability to interface with widely varied stakeholders including executive level.
- Proven ability to work on several projects simultaneously and under tight schedules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with superb attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Strong computer skills: including Project Management Software (basecamp, Microsoft Project, etc.); Microsoft Office; basic HTML
- Interest in and knowledge of contemporary art and museum web projects a plus.
- Available for full term of this 12-month position.
The Guggenheim offers a competitive salary and excellent medical, dental, life, disability, and retirement plan coverage. Our staff also enjoys generous vacation, sick leave and personal days, access to a variety of cultural institutions, discounts to museum stores, and a stimulating and collegial work environment.
Qualified applicants please send your resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to email@example.com. Indicate the job title “Associate Project Manager, Interactive” in the subject line. Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.