This position is located within the Office of Innovation (V), Digital Engagement Division (VE), Web and Social Media Branch (VES). The Office of Innovation is responsible for the Digital Strategy efforts, including the National Archives Catalog and online access and engagement efforts. This position serves as an Information Technology Specialist (Backend Developer), providing expert level technical support for web operations and platform (Drupal) development for the agency’s websites, including Archives.gov.
The major duties of this position are back-end web development in Drupal and web server administration.
- Develop new websites/microsites in Drupal; implement custom themes in Drupal; develop custom website components including module creation/adaptation and database integration.
- Maintain websites, including new functionality, bug fixes, platform upgrades, meeting performance and security requirements, and performing site analysis.
- Provide both AWS cloud infrastructure configuration and web server administration to support enterprise website hosting.
- Perform RDS (MySQL) database management and optimization.
- Maintain web performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and troubleshooting websites,
- Advise staff, managers, and contractors on technical and functional requirements involving web content management tools, statistical analysis packages, search engine capabilities, and database design.
- Public: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507571100
- Current and former Federal employees: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/507572100