Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Business and Data Systems Analyst is responsible for analyzing and supporting current and proposed business systems to ensure their successful integration into the Museum’s business processes. This role will determine requirements of a project or program, communicate those requirements clearly to all stakeholders, and implement solutions in an environment that requires data sharing between multiple systems. This role will also serve as a source of technical expertise for users of those systems.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Provides technical and business process leadership for the museum’s e-commerce, admission ticketing, point of sale, accounting, and fundraising systems. Works with staff and external consultants to ensure success of the current configuration and implements new features.
- Works closely with the Director of Information of Technology and Digital Project Director to support the technologies driving the Museum’s website and ecommerce solutions.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to support strategic initiatives, representing the capabilities and potential for leveraging new and existing technologies for business initiatives.
- Works with business users to analyze business processes and systems and recommends improvements.
- Provides advanced query-writing, data imports and exports, report creation, testing and quality assurance on disparate database systems.
- Provides day-to-day technical support, maintenance, training, and troubleshooting for museum staff working in various mission critical business systems.
- Manages and supports database and system upgrades.
- Manages the configuration, setup, implementation and training for new systems.
- Manages and performs data cleaning and transformation for migration into new systems and data sharing between existing and new systems.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Library and Information Science, or a related discipline and 3+ years of experience in administering SQL databases. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is also acceptable.
- Proven project manager who can work collaboratively cross-departmentally and as a part of a team.
- Brings experience in organizing and defining work for complex or ambiguous situations.
- Uses sound business judgement, change management and process improvement skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, MySQL, SSRS and other database related software.
- Working knowledge of web technologies, such as web servers (IIS, Apache), HTML, and RESTful APIs.
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to use logic and analysis to solve computer and systems problems.
- Experience and ability to maintain confidentiality within and outside the museum.
- Ability to learn, install, and support new application software.
$38.1018 – $45.7612 per hour** with a generous benefits package
**Please note: New hires start at the beginning of the salary range and this position is represented by SEIU 1021.
Apply online https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ASI1002AAMF/JobBoard/9e5e0e8e-237d-4ca6-91c0-a4f1fdd16163/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=8b8e44ba-816e-47db-abb4-9d0b1721542e&sourceId=6b10a083-113e-41ad-a0ed-af965a12d579
*The Asian Art Museum is one of the largest museums in the Western world devoted exclusively to Asian art and culture. Home to more than 18,000 works of art from over 40 Asian countries, we strive to be a catalyst for discovery, dialogue, and inspiration. With Asia as our lens and art as our cornerstone, we spark connections across cultures and through time, igniting curiosity, conversation, and creativity. *
The Asian Art Museum embraces diversity in its mission, programs, and staff.