The Collections Database Administrator (CDA) oversees and maintains the museum’s collection information database, currently The Museum System (TMS), which includes approximately 330,000 object records. Apply here.
Specifically, you will:
- Maintain collections information database; perform regular maintenance routines; manage Microsoft SQL server using SQL Server Management Studio
- Write SQL scripts to make bulk changes to data; assist users with complex queries
- Monitor system usage, set up alerts, run reporting metrics, and audit data through reports; perform data-hygiene checks; expose entries which do not meet standards, and perform cleanup as needed
- Write, edit, design, and troubleshoot Crystal Reports
- Manage configuration and security settings, user accounts, and query groups for TMS
- Plan and execute software upgrades; collaborate on software migrations and integrations; responsible for performance tuning, and data movement
- Maintain and update in-house system documentation and user’s manual; train and support users
- Support accurate data mapping and integrations between the collections management system (TMS by Gallery Systems) and other platforms and content management systems, such as the digital asset management system (Cortex by Orange Logic)
- Collaborate with Assistant Director of Library and Digital Strategies on opportunities to enhance collection information, CMS user experience, and the museum’s digital ecosystem
- Serve as primary liaison to CMS vendor for user concerns; escalate support requests as needed, report bugs, and submit feature requests
- Collaborate with Taxonomist on standardization of CMS field usage, preferred terminology, and authority controls, including expanded use of Getty Vocabularies and integration with taxonomy management tools.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Your background and experience include:
- Strong relational database skills
- Ability to create and troubleshoot complex queries and custom database objects in SSMS (SQL Server)
- Knowledge of collections management systems preferred
- Excellent technical skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills
- Excellent communication skills, including writing procedures and documentation
- Ability to work collaboratively with others as part of a team as well as independently
- Desire to learn new software
- Solid analytic skills to improve processes
Position and Compensation Details
- The minimum salary for this position is $55,000
- This position is full-time, exempt and 35 hours per week.
- This position is part of the AFSCME Local 397 bargaining unit.
- COVID-19 vaccination required.