The National September 11 Memorial & Museum is seeking an experienced and technically versatile Collections Management System Administrator to play a lead role in the development, administration and support of the Museum’s central Collections Management system, custom CMS software, interactive and web technologies, and other production systems. The candidate will interface with the museum’s exhibitions and collections teams to address both day-to-day and longer term strategic requirements, and work with the software development team to establish consistent practices across in-house and third party development, and improve system architectures.
The candidate for this position must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be an efficient and creative problem solver who is motivated to solve varied challenges within a dynamic and leading cultural institution. The Collections Management System Administrator reports to the Director of Software Development in the Information Technology department.
• Manage and maintain the Museum’s central collections management system Collective Access.
• Manage system operations and work on customizing by adding/updating new features/modules.
• Write custom scripts to automate system administration tasks.
• Write SQL queries and database stored procedures to address reporting needs and other ad-hoc data requirements.
• Interface with internal clients to gather requirements and develop CMS-based solutions.
• Work on report and query creation for data extraction.
• Help with troubleshooting user problems and work with the internal software team/consultants both remotely and onsite to resolve issues.
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, engineering, or equivalent, or 3+ years relevant experience.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Proficiency in at least two scripting languages (e.g., PHP, Python, Ruby).
• Demonstrated experience developing and deploying applications on the Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP/Python (LAMP) stack using frameworks such as Zend, Laravel or Django.
• Experience working with a Version Control System such as Git or SVN.
• Strong Unix/Linux skills with experience in UNIX shell scripting.
• Hands-on experience working with relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
• Knowledge of museum and archival data and content standards such as EAD, DACS and PBCore.
• Demonstrated experience managing digital audio and video assets.
• Knowledge of test driven development.
• Experience working with REST-style web service technologies.
• Comfort working in a very fast-paced, demanding environment.
• Ability and proven track record to learn new technologies with ease.
• Experience working with museum content management systems.
• Familiarity with museum and archival practices and workflows.
• Full-time position.
• We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Include job title in the email subject field.
• Please state the location where job posting was seen.
• Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11/14/14.
• Please visit our website at www.911memorial.org
The National September 11 Memorial and Museum at the World Trade Center Foundation, Inc. is committed to workforce diversity. EEO.