LYRASIS is seeking an experienced professional to assume the new position of CollectionSpace Program Director. CollectionSpace, an open-source, web-based software application for the description, management, and dissemination of museum collections information, was developed by the Museum of the Moving Image and the University of California, Berkeley with funding from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Through a new grant from Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, LYRASIS will establish the organizational home for CollectionSpace to increase visibility, adoption, support, and sustainability for the software. The Program Director will provide strategic leadership for CollectionSpace, working closely with the CollectionSpace Leadership Committee and the wider museum community to identify near-term and long-term development and user needs. The CollectionSpace Program Director also leads day-to-day operations of the CollectionSpace organizational home, including community outreach, staff and financial management, planning, governance, and coordination with other LYRASIS programs. This position is currently funded by the grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
• Provides strategic leadership for the software and community.
• Serves as ex officio on CollectionSpace Leadership Committee, providing timely information to enable discussion and decision-making.
• Serves as primary spokesperson and promoter of CollectionSpace to and within the museum community.
• Serves as a liaison between museum user and developer communities.
• Cultivates strategic partnerships and relationships to advance the vision of CollectionSpace.
• Establishes and implements organizational home and software annual and long-range goals and financial plans.
• Directs transition of CollectionSpace software and knowledgebase to LYRASIS.
• Directs development and implementation of membership, sponsorship, and service provider support programs. Manages those programs to achieve organizational home goals.
• Leads successful operations related to CollectionSpace software review, development and new releases.
• Manages CollectionSpace organizational home staff and associated activities.
• Serves as the primary liaison between the organizational home and LYRASIS fee-based services that provide hosting and local implementation support (LYRASIS CollectionSpace Services).
• Plans and manages CollectionSpace organizational home and grant budgets.
• Provides performance and financial updates to CollectionSpace committees, LYRASIS leadership, grant sponsors, and members.
• Leads development and implementation of annual organizational home communications plans.
• Cultivates and plans grants to support CollectionSpace projects.
• Coordinates CollectionSpace organizational home activities with other LYRASIS programs and activities.
• At least five years museum domain experience.
• At least three years of experience with museum content information management systems, preferably with CollectionSpace.
• Demonstrated project management experience.
• Supervisory experience.
• Minimum four-year college degree in a relevant field.
_Skills and Abilities_
• Knowledge of digital collections-related applications development and maintenance for museums.
• Strong ability to think and act strategically.
• Excellent listening, interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
• Externally: daily communications with museum professionals and formal presentations to museum professionals during site visits, conferences, etc.
• Internally: daily communications with managers and staff at all levels of the organization.
• Strong public speaking and presentation skills
• Excellent customer relation skills.
• Ability to work well in a team environment with minimum direction.
• Time management skills and organizational ability.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
A complete job description can be found in the LYRASIS Job Bank: http://www.lyrasis.org/job/Pages/LYRASIS-Positions.aspx
Benefits: LYRASIS’ attractive benefits package encourages a harmonious work/life balance including flextime, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage plans, a company-matched 403B savings plan, annual and sick leave, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, as well as flexible work hours in a virtual work environment.
To apply, please provide cover letter and resume, referencing job opening, to email@example.com or fax to 404.892.7879.
LYRASIS partners with member cultural heritage organizations to create, access and manage information with an emphasis on digital content, while building and sustaining collaboration, enhancing operations and technology, and increasing buying power. For more information, please visit www.lyrasis.org.
LYRASIS is an equal opportunity employer. LYRASIS reserves the right to alter the position overview, with or without notice to the employee. This position overview is not a contract of employment and does not alter the employment relationship. Every position overview is subject to modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.