Amon Carter Museum of American Art – Fort Worth, TX
4 Year Degree
4 Year Degree
This role will participate in the creation and implementation of the museum’s communication, marketing, and advertising messages. The ideal candidate will be a highly collaborative, strong writer, and creative individual who is able to work across multiple departments and levels within the museum.
- Uphold the museum’s mission, goals, communication and social media strategy, marketing plans, ensure consistently effective articulation of the Museum’s desired brand image to internal and external stakeholders and audiences.
- Work with the Strategic Communications and Marketing Manager to maintain promotional marketing partnerships.
- Develop original content for all media channels, as needed, including the website, social media channels, print materials, paid search, on-site signage, and assets for media partners and work with the Head of Communications and Marketing to develop a posting plan.
- Responsible for producing, managing, and maintaining multimedia assets under the department.
- Create social media schedule and responsible for development of content and implementation of messages for social media channels. Independently and strategically align timing of social media with other content distribution (email marketing, website, Program magazine, advertising, and public relations).
- Monitor and respond to user-generated content and comments on social media. Sort and tag incoming user-generated content via the museum’s content management platform.
- Execute best practice research on social media trends, emerging technologies and measurement standards.
- Monitor and research trending themes, community updates, and local, regional, and national news to develop a socially-aware communications plan.
- Contribute to event coverage through live tweeting and digital engagement or, in some cases, virtual setup.
- Audit existing video materials and work with multimedia team to produce new content.
- Update external media online event calendars with museum programs monthly.
- Manage organization of press clipping service and maintain an up-to-date press list and press clippings.
- Produce performance and analytic reports for department related to social media, advertising, and press.
- Act as on-site social media representative and content producer for museum events.
- Establish and maintain relationships with local, regional, and pertinent national media; write and distribute press releases.
- Coordinate media coverage, interviews, features, news conferences and briefings, filming, and videotaping. Coordinate or provide appropriate activity control to assure proper use of museum facility, collections, and programming for promotion. When appropriate, represent the museum at community, civic, and professional events; make or arrange presentations for special groups; participate in museum events as needed.
- Assist Strategic Communications and Marketing Manager with research projects, including online and in gallery surveys as needed.
- Assist in the creation of printed materials including design and text for rack cards, maps, and signage.
- Assist in the preparation of press previews (both on-site and virtually) including compiling media kits and serving as point-of-contact for check in the day of the event.
- Serves as onsite liaison to all photographers and camera crews for television, videotaping and filming inside the museum or at commercial outlets.
- Research and maintain media and community outreach databases.
- Assists in the protection of the museum’s copyright and visual quality standards. Works with Rights Manager, to secure clearance on any and all content to be used in Communications and Marketing.
- Assist with public and member special events as needed. This could include partnering with photographers during receptions to ensure images for future use.
- Maintain photo database for PR use
- When on the appropriate platform, serve as liaison for virtual events including, but not limited to: Facebook Live, Instagram Live, Zoom, and more.
- Organize special exhibitions marketing collateral and media clips for lending institutions.
- Assist with preparation of annual budget.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Other duties as required.
Skills and Requirements
- Command of Microsoft Office Suite and PowerPoint, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms; CMS Systems skills a plus
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to write for multiple audiences.
- Experience with photo and video editing software a plus.
- Experience with Adobe suite a plus.
- Ability to work professionally with curatorial staff, the public, the media, trustees, and co-workers.
- Professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Values integrity, honesty, and ethical behavior.
- Collaborative and involves others; establishes strong working relations and promotes productive cooperation.
- Analytical and problem-solver who takes initiative.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills. Excellent time management, problem solving and analytical skills, and the ability to assess priorities and work well under pressure.
- Strong analytical skills to interpret data contained in reports and surveys.
- Bachelor’s degree required: major in Business, Communication, English, Public Relations, or Journalism a plus.
- 0-2 years of experience preferred.
- Knowledge or background in the arts also a plus.
- Experience with content management systems and relationship databases are a plus.
- Experience working with media, marketing, and advertising agencies is highly regarded.
Other Job Requirements
- Ability to attend museum functions, as needed, during evening hours and on weekends and work flexible hours based on the needs and deadlines of the media.
- Must provide a smartphone or comparable digital technology to facilitate, 24/7 mobile access to server and institutional accounts.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment background screen and drug screen. Position also subject to MVR screening.
TO APPLY: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=85529&clientkey=7DE652AD2B0C5EC19EBC3E25055F3A94