The Phillips Collection is actively recruiting for a Community Engagement Assistant
Founded by art collector and philanthropist Duncan Phillips in 1921, The Phillips Collection has been collecting modern and contemporary art for one hundred years. Duncan Phillips’s former home—and additions to it—in Washington’s historic Dupont Circle neighborhood provides a unique setting for the growing collection of over 5,000 works. Following Phillips’s unconventional approach to exhibitions, The Phillips Collection galleries are frequently rearranged to facilitate new conversations between artworks and fresh experiences for visitors.
In addition to presenting selections from the permanent collection and special exhibitions, The Phillips Collection also offers award-winning education and community engagement programs for audiences of all ages and backgrounds, including initiatives at its satellite campus Phillips@THEARC.
The Community Engagement Assistant will perform an administrative role for the Head of Public Programming and the Manager of Art and Wellness to ensure that organizational functions and programs proceed efficiently.
This is a part time, non-exempt position with an hourly pay rate of $18.50.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Art history and museum background helpful
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
● Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and handle numerous assignments concurrently
● Administrative experience with excellent office skills, including data entry, database/spreadsheets
● Experience with digital tools and web‐based software
● Very flexible; highly effective team member and collaborator with strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Proven customer‐service skills
● Demonstrated ability to create and maintain systems
● Able to work some evenings and weekend hours
To view the full job description and apply, please visit https://www.phillipscollection.org/about/opportunities/employment