The Smithsonian’s National Air and Space Museum (NASM) is seeking a full time, contract digital asset and data management specialist to evaluate, reconcile, standardize, and migrate legacy digital image files stored in local network drives to a central digital asset management system. The contractor will support efforts to manage digital images in the digital asset management system, OpenText Media Manager, and associated media records in the collections information system, Gallery Systems – The Museum System (TMS).
- Locating, reviewing, and organizing digital assets
- Creating, updating, and applying standard metadata into digital images
- Normalizing filenames to meet museum standards
- Importing files into a digital asset management system (DAMS)
- Linking images from DAMS to TMS
- Identifying duplicate media records and tagging for deletion
- Standardizing rendition numbers to meet museum guidelines
- Experience with metadata creation, remediation, and maintenance
- Experience using metadata editing software, such as Adobe Bridge or Photo Mechanic
- Familiarity with digital asset management standards and systems
- Familiarity with museum cataloging standards and collections information systems
- Skill with Microsoft Excel, including entering, sorting/filtering, and exporting data
- Comfortable performing work independently with minimal direction or as part of an integrated team
- Organized, with superior attention to detail
- Proactive and self-motivated with ability to multi-task
Work is expected to be performed at an approved telework location.
Qualified individuals are invited to review the Statement of Work (SOW) in Dropbox for additional information, details on what to include in the quote package and how to submit it. If interested, please submit your proposal to email@example.com by noon on Friday, July 16.