The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art is seeking bids from a contract Digital Developer to add features to the museum’s first digital publications platform, Quire. https://www.getty.edu/publications/digital/platforms-tools.html and https://github.com/gettypubs/quire This contract work can be done remotely. Developed by the J. Paul Getty Trust, the Nelson-Atkins has been beta-testing the platform since last summer. With the funding of the Samuel H. Kress Foundation and the support of the Getty, we are seeking a Developer to add new, important features to the platform, including:
- Full-screen image viewer:
- Ability to toggle between viewing a single image or double images.
- Move all icons to the top left.
- Add a feature with an icon to be able to look at alternate views. Choose these views from a drop-down menu.
- Toggle whether image caption is viewable or not.
- Add a sliding bar to adapt the ratio of image to text to a reader’s preference.
Email Meghan Gray mgray [at] nelson-atkins [dot] org to see suggested mock-ups and to submit a bid. Please submit by September 13, 2019.