Coordinator of Digital Learning
Apply through State of North Carolina
Recruitment Range of: $39,611-$42,027
This position is located at:
North Carolina Museum of Art, Blue Ridge Rd, Raleigh, NC
Posting closes October 4, 2018 by 5 pm Eastern
The primary purpose of this position is to use distance learning to create compelling encounters with art for a variety of audiences. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Using educational technology to create compelling encounters with art for a variety of audiences. In partnership with the Director of Teaching and Learning and the Coordinator of Schools and Teachers Programs, this position will create a strategy and vision for developing and maintaining distance learning programs that could include, but is not limited to, videoconferencing, online courses, blended experiences (combining online and onsite), and live streaming.
- Overseeing and implementing a menu of distance learning K-16 programs; managing budgets; supervising contractors; providing reports; promoting these programs; and occasionally teaching virtually from the galleries. Position is also responsible for the maintenance and development of the online resource NCMALearn.
- Collaborating with education staff to implement evaluation tools to measure, interpret, and analyze the outcomes of education and public programs relative to the Museum’s strategic plan. Position will also collaborate with Media Services in creating organization-wide multimedia resources and as-needed training for new distance learning tools, as well as, train staff or volunteers to lead virtual gallery experiences.
- Collaborating with staff in education, programs, and curatorial on distance learning initiatives for the permanent collection and special exhibitions.
- Managing a budget, as well as, researching and developing a sustainability plan for distance learning programs. Position will also work with the Director of Teaching and Learning to maintain and seek new partnerships with local, state, and national organizations to distribute content on a local, national, and international scale.
Management Preference: Candidates with a BS in in Art History or Education and knowledge of current issues in arts integration, art education, museum education, and/or distance learning pedagogy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- Demonstrated knowledge of current issues in technology-based learning
- Demonstrated ability in managing technology-based educational projects.
- Proven ability to relate an art collection to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated experience managing a budget.
- Proven ability to project-manage, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
Please see online job posting for full details and application process.