Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco – Data Services Manager
The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco is seeking a Data Services Manager. This position manages all aspects of development data operation, including the administration of the Development and Events portion of the fundraising database, running of queries and lists for the Development and Events teams, and training of these teams.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Jointly manages (with Data Information Services Manager for Membership) gift processing, ensuring speedy and accurate exception handling, and complete, timely record updating.
- Designs and executes complex queries and export files to bring resolution to system deficiencies. Creates and maintains data tables and monitors database capacities. Develops detailed specifications, procedures, and documentation. Develops, implements, and produces export file and report requests. Is responsible for meeting deadlines of requested output.
- Establishes and oversees report and mailing list production schedule, including distribution of production files and reports. Enforces data integrity standards for all information entered.
- Develops training procedures and materials in conjunction with the Assistant Director of Data Information Services. Creates policies and procedures for donor database system use and maintenance, based on best practice. Administers system integrity and quality control by monitoring data entry and implementing modifications of procedures when necessary.
- Ensures data input control by overseeing balancing and editing of all data entry. Controls transfer of payments and editing of receipt history. Analyzes database for corrupt or inaccurate data to eliminate duplicates and inaccuracies. Works closely with Accounting on all reconciliation needs and gift processing.
- Identifies and recommends improved procedures in data capture, processing, and mapping to streamline operations and improve data quality.
- Supports the Director of Data Information Services on data migration strategies and execution with newly implemented CRM system.
- Analyzes and implements procedures consistent with department directives and policies. Ensures the processing of sensitive and/or proprietary documents in strict confidence.
- Ensures update of donor information is accurate and timely. Serves as the liaison with outside vendors as needed. Sets up and edits personalized letter formats for receipts, renewals, and membership cards.
- Evaluates criteria requirements to produce statistical analysis for various campaign, fund, and other reports.
- Interfaces with museum staff of other departments to coordinate database system related activities on an as needed basis. Serves as resource person for Development, Special Events, and Director’s Office system users.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, OR equivalent training/qualification.
Work Experience: Three or more years of related work experience using fundraising databases, Salesforce preferred. Experience with Apsona preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Well-organized professional with a progressive record of responsibility.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of donor database software, including program and database design.
- Advanced knowledge of fundraising systems, development best practices, and accounting and IRS regulations related to charitable giving.
- Ability to exercise decisiveness and good judgment in situations requiring the evaluation of information to reach creative solutions.
- Ability to use logic and analysis to solve computer software problems.
- Ability to deal courteously and effectively with staff in other departments.
Step 1 of the pay range is $31.32 per hour.
This Union position has a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision and generous vacation, sick, and holiday policy.
Application Deadline: November 28, 2018