JOB TITLE: Data Systems & Web Technology Manager
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology
AVAILABLE: January 2021
Founded in 1804, the New-York Historical Society is one of America’s preeminent cultural institutions and the oldest museum in New York City. Located across from Central Park in the heart of the vibrant Upper West Side, New-York Historical is a beautiful landmark building that accommodates a wide variety of events. With an unparalleled collection of artwork and artifacts showcasing America’s history through the unique lens of New York and engaging exhibitions that reveal the impact of history on our lives today, New-York Historical offers a striking and sophisticated setting for entertaining. We are excited to welcome event guests both local to New York and from around the globe. Proceeds from our rental program support the New-York Historical Society and its programs.
The New-York Historical Society is looking for someone with broad skills ranging from project management to hands on coding and platform management who wants to work with great content in a venerable non-profit institution.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
● Facilitate communication between N-YHS and external development / design companies
● Analyze pain points and plan for future iterations of the website platform
● Meet with internal parties to discuss design and functionality or content changes to main website
● Meet with internal parties to discuss needs for future websites for exhibits, grants, or any other needs
● Publish materials for the site audience, integrating text, images, audio, and video file components, and links to relevant
● Create timelines and track progress of multiple projects making sure they are on time and on budget.
● Manage and maintain Service Level Agreements for web related services
● Maintain Domain Name registration/renewals/transfers, SSL certificates as needed
● Main contact for internal web issues, getting information to proper parties internally and externally
● Identify and troubleshoot issues with the help of internal and external development teams
● Work within mixed environment supporting various industry specific systems
● 2-5 years of experience with website project management, design and development practices
● Knowledge of major Content Management System (CMS) platforms; especially Prismic, WordPress, Drupal and Shopify
● Understanding the difference between headless vs traditional CMS
● Comfortable working with Web API. Knowledge of GraphQL is a plus
● Knowledge of Digital Asset Management Systems is a plus
● Solid experience with Amazon Web Services, knowledge of networking (VPC, Subnets, NAT Devices, Security Groups, Network Access Control Lists, Load Balancers etc.), security (IAM, JSON Policies, IAM Roles etc.), storage & computing (S3, EC2, EBS, RDS etc.)
● Solid sysadmin skills to configure, debug, maintain and launch web servers (Apache & Nginx) in both development and production environment. Bash scripting is welcome
● Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software (Salesforce, Blackbaud Altru, Tessitura) is a plus but not required
● Awareness of best practices for SEO
● Awareness of best practices for optimizing page loading performance
● Experience with responsive design techniques
● Experience with Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager
● Experience working in a Helpdesk environment a plus
● Proficient with Microsoft Suite of products a must, such as Windows Operating Systems, Office, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft SQL, etc
Exposure to MAC OSX is a plus
Exposure to MAC OSX is a plus
● Basic understanding of networking skills and concepts
● Strong verbal and written communication
● Strong organization skills
● Handles administrative work and operational tasks in an organized manner
● Able to make sound judgments, be confident and decisive
● Team player with great customer service attributes
● Adapts to changing needs of the business, is intuitive and has initiative; with good time management skills, set priorities appropriately
● Systemic and consistent troubleshooting skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY: To ensure the overall health and safety of the New-York Historical Society community and in accordance with New York City requirements, all newly hired employees of the New-York Historical Society are required to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, absent qualifying exemptions for medical, religious, or other reasons in accordance with all applicable laws.
TO APPLY: Please submit your application to the following link https://jobapply.page.link/K5HV
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.