We are hiring! @ Are you totally fabulous with desktop computers and user support? Then we need you. No, really.
Position: Desktop Support Technician
Join our dynamic Media & Technology team and do great work at a world class org.
The Desktop Support Technician provides first level technical support to resolve hardware and software problems and to deploy desktop software and hardware.
In this role, you will…
- Provide first level user support and job dispatching for desktop computer hardware and software.
- Provide excellent customer service to Mia staff seeking technical support.
- Respond to incoming requests for service to the Media & Technology Help Desk in a timely and efficient manner.
- Take primary responsibility to resolving incoming service requests.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of desktop computer technology and best practices for user support.
- Configure and install desktop/laptop computer hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Support computers and other electronic devices in the galleries and other public spaces.
- Provide individual and/or group training for museum staff for hardware, software, or other personal computing needs.
- Associate degree in computer related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of six months experience in Help Desk function or related work.
- Excellent customer service skills, with strong verbal and written communication abilities.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop/laptop hardware, operating system, software and peripherals.
- Experience with WTS/MDT.
- Knowledge of Macintosh desktop/laptop hardware, operating system, software and peripherals.
- Consistent professional demeanor and positive attitude.
- Experience working in a busy office environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a collaborative team and individually according to the needs of the situation.
- Ability to be on site occasionally during off-hours for projects and/or to resolve top-priority issues.
Who You Are
You have a positive outlook. You are a great communicator. You value team work and enjoy being of service to others. You are highly organized with an efficient working style and an eye for detail. You have the ability to work independently and with a team in a multi-tasking and fast-paced environment.
You’re good at and enjoy…
- Using your excellent customer service skills to provide support to others.
- Answering questions and resolving problems.
- Quickly and effectively prioritizing multiple requests.
The Minneapolis Institute of Art is an audience-focused workplace where everyone strives to provide excellent service and cultivate honest and positive relationships. Generosity, agility, emotional intelligence, positive energy, and driving results are the core values that define Mia’s culture. Successful employment at Mia includes full embrace and demonstrable indicators of these values by all team members.
To be considered for this position, send a cover letter including your interest in the position, what you will bring to the position, and why you are the ideal candidate, and a resume to email@example.com