The Communications and Design Coordinator will play an integral role in the Storm King Art Center’s growing design, marketing, and communications strategies. This position will be responsible for managing Storm King’s social media presence, including content creation, strategy and implementation; email marketing; website management; graphic design; and video editing. In addition to overall involvement in the department, he/she will actively assist in strategy and brainstorming development for Storm King’s digital presence, designed to increase awareness of the Art Center’s collection, exhibitions, public programming, community, involvement, fundraising events, and online fundraising efforts.
The role requires a detail-oriented, enthusiastic, and organized individual who is comfortable working in a fast-paced museum environment where collaboration, flexibility, and teamwork are essential. This role will work collaboratively with colleagues from every department within Storm King to advance the organization’s communication goals. Personal and professional interests in the arts and outdoors are central to the position. Excellent communication skills are critical.
Successful candidates will have enthusiasm for Storm King’s programming and mission, complemented by a background in communications with a deep understanding of the evolving world of digital media.
- Assist in managing Storm King’s social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram account. Maintain consistent messaging across the various networks.
- Actively respond to comments and questions received through social media and posted online in a timely, professional manner.
- Assist with the design and production of all digital and print collateral materials including, but not limited to, brochures, flyers, internal needs, and evites. Ensure design consistency and adherence to Storm King’s graphic identity and language guidelines.
- Implement updates and changes to Storm King’s website, ensuring content follows Storm King’s tone and image style guidelines.
- Manage the production and editing of promotional, social, and educational videos across several departments.
- Film and photograph on-site events for social media.
- Manage segmented email lists and email marketing, including scheduling, email design, testing content, and messaging strategies.
- Monitor trends, best practices, and ways to improve content quality.
- Edit digital and print content produced by other team members for consistency of voice.
- Additional writing and proofreading as necessary.
- Engage with influencers and partners to build relations and encourage cross-promotional opportunities.
- Manage projects from conception to completion, including creating timelines and coordinating input from various departments across the organization.
- Attend evening and weekend events in order to post timely content on Storm King’s social media channels.
- Assist the Communications and Design Manager as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing, design/UX, or related field
- 2-3 years of content development experience
- Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and all Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in Final Cut Pro, or comparable video editing software
- Experience designing different types of collateral adhering to specific brand guidelines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience writing, editing, and optimizing web content
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills required
- Experience with social media project managers
- Familiarity with photo and video editing
- Familiarity with print production
- Experience with project management, and managing projects with multiple stakeholders
- Basic knowledge of web CMS systems, HTML, and CSS
- Experience with email marketing applications, Google Analytics, Google Ad Words, SEO, and SEM preferred
This position is eligible for the full benefits package including a generous paid time off program, medical, dental, vision, 403(b), and more.
Please send resume and cover letter, along with a portfolio link with at least 5 design samples, 2-3 samples of social media posts, and 2-3 examples of email designs to email@example.com with “Communications and Design Coordinator” in the subject line. No phone calls please.