Job Type: Full time
Location: Washington, DC
Newseum Education seeks an experienced, strategic and creative education manager to oversee the department’s outreach efforts through social media, the NewseumED website, conferences and national and international community programs. This person will report to the vice president of education and be responsible for developing and executing a digital communications strategy to engage students, teachers and lifelong learners in contemporary media literacy and First Amendment issues. The candidate must be a strategic thinker and able to work in a fast-paced, creative environment with evolving schedules and priorities.
• Develop and execute a multiplatform digital communications and social media strategy, including audience analysis, SEO/SEM analysis and A/B testing, to increase awareness of the NewseumED brand and use of NewseumED resources.
• Collaborate with marketing, development and education team members on activities to grow registered users for NewseumED.org and email database.
• Stay up-to-date on emerging trends in digital communications and identify and implement creative uses of NewseumED’s digital properties, including its social media accounts, website banners and e-newsletter.
• Effectively manage and optimize the scheduling, development and execution of newsletters, action alerts and other email-based outreach to education constituents via Raiser’s Edge, Agile and Luminate.
• Create compelling graphics, videos and text for dissemination via digital channels.
• Oversee the field trip specialist, outreach educator and social media committee.
• Coordinate with internal teams and organization partners on event communications.
• Plan and maintain the department’s social media communications calendar.
• Regularly update key education partners and stakeholders.
• Assist with content and design maintenance and enhancements on NewseumED.org.
• Support other departmental projects as needed.
• Analyze website engagement patterns and statistics, and recommend strategies to improve results.
• Create, manage and report on outreach programming budgets for internal and external stakeholders.
• Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance evaluations for all outreach efforts.
• Analyze, produce and provide progress reports to both leadership and staff to help determine next steps and effectiveness of current strategies.
Minimum requirements for the position:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• Experience with Blackbaud/Luminate Online, Raiser’s Edge, Drupal and Google Analytics.
• Proficiency required in HTML, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Appreciation of First Amendment principles, media literacy and the role of journalism in a democratic society.
• Proven experience designing social media campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., that engage and attract educational audiences.
• Excellent writing
• Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes some nights, weekends and travel.
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects, and change.
• Must be well-organized with strong attention to detail; a proactive problem-solver; able to work independently and within a team framework.
• Background in advocacy or political communications/PR preferred.
Please send your resume, a letter of interest and the names, contact information and affiliations of three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
December 1, 2018
The Newseum and Freedom Forum Institute are Equal Opportunity Employers.