The Digital Content Producer will be a key member of the team for an ambitious multi-year project to redesign, rebuild, and reorganize the getty.edu website to better serve our audiences, institutional goals, and content ecosystem. The Digital Content Producer will work within the Getty Research Institute Web & New Media team, and will be responsible for digital content assignments, owning and tracking on them from inception through to launch. The ideal candidate is a highly organized self-starter who has a thorough understanding of online platforms and has a proven track record for managing content for complex digital projects in an iterative, fast-paced environment and for writing, editing, and producing useful digital content for various audiences.
The Getty Research Institute is an international center for the study of visual culture and houses one of the largest art libraries in the world, with vast special collections materials ranging from the 15th century to the present.
- Own and manage a set of discrete assignments and deliverables that ladder up to the larger website redesign project.
- Populate and manage a complex digital production calendar, using project management tools such as Intervals, Airtable, and Trello to successfully manage all stages of assignments.
- Collaborate with supervisor, team, and stakeholders to identify scope of tasks and deliverables associated with assignments.
- Ensure deadlines are met and communicate diplomatically with a broad range of staff to generate and deliver content.
- Edit, write, and revise content for new and existing web pages, iterating this process numerous times across wireframes and copydecks throughout the production lifecycle.
- Manage content assets, gathering and organizing, ensuring content elements meet technical requirements, and check that rights are clear.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably related to digital media production
- Demonstrated experience managing multi medium projects in a production environment using numerous distribution channels such as social media, web, blogs, wikis, etc.