Date: February 2016
Title: Digital Marketing Associate
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Director of Digital
The Jewish Museum
The Jewish Museum is the only art museum in the world that focuses on the dynamic interplay between artistic practice (both contemporary and historical) and an unparalleled collection of art and artifacts reflecting global Jewish identity and tradition from ancient times to the present day. It is recognized around the world for the quality of its collection, exhibitions and scholarship. Under the leadership of a new director, the Museum’s goal is to become internationally recognized as a distinctive hub for art and Jewish culture – the essential “go to” cultural destination for Jews and people of all backgrounds.
The Digital Marketing Associate supports the museum’s digital operations activities that expand the Museum’s brand through digital experiences on the website, blog, email, social media, search, mobile, and video initiatives. Reporting to the Director of Digital, the Associate will service internal departments with digital requests, and collaborate cross-departmentally to expand the museum’s online presence with the goal of increasing engagement with and visitation to the Museum, both digitally and on-site. The position will supervise Digital Marketing Intern(s).
- Serve as second-in-command to Director of Digital’s administrative oversight of website, blog, search, email, and social media management.
- Function as project manager for servicing digital requests across the museum using Basecamp project management software:
- Manage content updates on the Museum’s website (Expression Engine) and Microsites (WordPress)
- Generate content for Museum blog and coordinate editorial review.
- Schedule, write, produce, and route email campaigns using MailChimp email service provider. Oversee approvals for select departments.
- Draft and develop social media content across the Museum’s social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Tumblr.
- Oversee selection, approvals, captioning, and upload of digital assets including photography (Flickr) and video (YouTube).
- Support Director of Digital in gathering metrics for monthly Digital Analytics reports, exhibition reports, sponsor reports, and other requests as needed.
- Support Director of Digital in executing integrated digital communications strategy for exhibitions, collections, education programs, membership, special events, rentals, the Shop, and Russ & Daughters Restaurant.
- Develop and coordinate graphics requests with Design Studio for digital projects; align production schedules for printed and digital communications.
- Liaise with external vendors including web developer (Shift), MailChimp, and freelancers for ongoing website maintenance and reporting bugs/fixes.
- Develop and optimize search advertising campaigns on Google AdWords.
- Conduct trainings for staff to manage select areas of Expression Engine, MailChimp or social media as needed. Provide consulting expertise for subsidiary social media sites: Young Patrons, Teens, Shop, and Membership.
- Recruit, train, and supervise a Digital Marketing Intern three times annually (spring, summer, fall) to meet job requirements and support digital activities.
- A. or M.A in Marketing, Communications, Art History, or related field.
- Minimum 1-year experience in cultural organization or digital profession.
- Outstanding writing and copy-editing skills with experience in interpreting art and academic material for broad online audiences.
- Develop, draft, and produce engaging digital content through research and fact checking with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize/multitask.
- Strategic and creative thinker with ability to problem-solve/trouble-shoot.
- Analytical skills with ability to generate metrics reports via Google Analytics.
- Basic HTML skills required
- Proficiency in Adobe Create Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience in web CMS (Expression Engine, WordPress) a plus
- Experience in email marketing (MailChimp) a plus
- Experience in project management software (Basecamp) a plus
- Active social media user on HootSuite, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Flickr, YouTube with interest in training others on social media.
- Industry knowledge of digital best practices.
- Genuine interest in art and Jewish culture
Send Resume with Cover Letter Application To:
Human Resources Manager
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
Fax: (212) 423-3232
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.