The Jewish Museum
Founded in 1904 and located on New York City’s Museum Mile, the Jewish Museum is dedicated to the enjoyment, understanding, and preservation of the artistic and cultural heritage of the Jewish people. The Museum has a unique identity as a hub for art and Jewish culture, drawing on a collection of nearly 30,000 works of historical and contemporary fine art, Judaica, antiquities, folk art, ceremonial objects, and broadcast media. The Museum applies a contemporary lens to its exhibitions, which range from ancient to contemporary art.
The Digital Marketing Manager supports digital marketing activities, including targeted email communications, digital advertising, and strategic audience data capture to drive online engagement and on-site visitation to the Museum’s exhibitions, programs, events, as well as membership, Shop, and Russ & Daughters Restaurant.
Reporting to the Director of Digital, the role is responsible for overseeing all aspects of digital marketing activities executed through Salesforce Marketing Cloud and its integration with other digital platforms, including email campaign production, digital advertising, and WiFi marketing. As a liaison between the Digital department and colleagues across the institution, the role requires exceptional project management as well as written and interpersonal communications skills. The position will supervise a Digital Marketing Associate and Intern(s).
- Oversees strategy and administration of Salesforce Marketing Cloud:
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues in Digital, Marketing, Visitor Experience, Membership, Shop, and IT to develop user journeys and key messages to support audience development strategies
- Develop project timelines, assets, copy, and data deliverables to ensure successful implementation of campaigns against deadlines and objectives
- Oversees email list growth and management with meticulous attention to detail
- In collaboration with the Creative Studio, develop graphics and creative assets aligned with brand and graphic identity
- Develop engaging and accurate content for targeted email communications, including copy writing/editing, gathering of assets, and routing materials for internal review
- Ensure integration of Salesforce with other digital platforms, including website (ExpressionEngine) and WiFi marketing vendor (SocialSign.in)
- Develop and optimize digital advertising campaigns on Google AdWords and Facebook using Salesforce Advertising Studio
- Gather metrics for internal reporting and optimizing future campaigns
- Maintain best practices for digital communications and publishing on TheJewishMuseum.org and other digital platforms, following editorial guidelines, and ensuring accuracy, usability, and a consistent institutional voice
- Support Director of Digital in executing integrated digital communications and content strategy
- Supervises Digital Marketing Associate and Digital Marketing Intern(s)
- Conduct trainings for staff to manage data or select email campaigns
- A. or M.A in Marketing, Business, Art History, or related field
- 3-7 years digital marketing experience at nonprofit, membership organization, or agency environment
- Strong production and editorial skills, extremely organized, detail oriented, and ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Extremely organized with excellent project management skills
- Superior experience in list and data management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability and desire to communicate clearly about digital initiatives with non-technical staff
- Analytical skills with ability to generate metrics reports using Google Analytics
- Required Technical Skills: expertise and knowledge of best practices with respect to email service providers (Salesforce a plus), content management systems, basic knowledge of HTML, and major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Desired Technical Skills: information architecture, user experience, design thinking
- Genuine interest in art and Jewish culture
Send Resume with Cover Letter To:
Associate Director, Human Resources
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
The Jewish Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and encourages applications from diverse candidates.