The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for data-driven digital marketing strategies that support NHMLAC and its family of museums to help drive awareness for our museums and increase attendance and revenue. Working closely with members of the Marketing team and cross-departmental colleagues, this position plays a key role in oversight of CRM and email strategies, ticketing and pricing strategies, paid digital advertising and visitor information-related website management. The Digital Marketing Specialist will work closely with Finance, Digital Strategies and Institutional Evaluation to generate and report high-level data that informs and augments all marketing strategies to help achieve goals.
- Oversee CRM strategies for M&C, working closely with Digital Strategies to implement data-driven outreach and increase visitor data capture
- Oversee email strategies, in conjunction with internal colleagues, including CRM automation and analysis
- Manage email marketing efforts for all external audiences, including developing calendars, gathering assets, vetting approvals, and working inter- and cross-departmentally, to balance eblasts with both editorial and promotional content
- Data analytics: As needed, evaluate all digital marketing initiatives and how they’re performing, including email marketing, website, digital advertising
- Reporting: Analyze attendance and revenue reports developed by Finance and Digital Strategies and provide high-level narratives, including data on impact of all current measurable marketing initiatives, for Sr. Marketing Manager and/or Chief Strategy and External Relations Officer to present to executive staff and Board of Trustees
- Work closely with Marketing colleagues to define digital marketing strategies for all external marketing efforts
- Work closely with Guest Relations, Advancement and Digital Strategies to set ticketing strategies, including pricing and launch calendars, for general admission, seasonal pavilions, special exhibitions and all other upsells; update Buy Tickets pages as needed
- Manage visitor-centric pages on all websites, including Experience, Plan Your Visit, alert bars, Buy Tickets, etc.; lead web messaging for all emergency/Covid-related updates and closures/openings
- Optimize marketing messaging on all websites to increase ticket conversions and online sales
- Generate and report on web analytics, manage google tags, and fulfill data pulls and requests
- Attend monthly data meetings
- Work closely with Advancement colleagues to help with member acquisition strategies
- In their absence, serves as back up to Senior Marketing Manager and/or AVP Marketing and Enterprise, as needed
- Assist at marketing and audience-development events, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of related sales and/or marketing experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills, with an understanding of web analytics and site metrics, and data-driven thinking; Proven expertise in using data and analytics to develop strategies and action plans. Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Planning: Understands basic planning processes. Is familiar with the setting of goals and is capable of developing staff goals and work assignments to support the accomplishment of departmental goals. Is capable of monitoring implementation of goals at this level, making necessary adjustments and informing higher levels of management regarding significant changes.
- Management: Has the capability to manage a major function or program and its coordination with other departmental and divisional work.
- Negotiation: Has general familiarity with setting contract terms and monitoring performance of contracts.
- Analysis: Has the capability to assess complex situations and make decisions and/or recommendations for specific programs/functions and/or across departments.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication.
- Writing Skills: Ability to write reports, business/professional correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ticketing and CRM Experience: Has experience working with CRM and ticketing platforms
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google AdWords/Bing Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, WordPress, HTML, and/or Adobe Photoshop is a plus
- Facebook/Instagram advertising experience preferred
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Apply online here.
THIS POSITION IS FULL TIME AND LOCATED IN LOS ANGELES IN A HYBRID OFFICE SITUATION.