The Morton Arboretum is a world-renowned nonprofit with a unique opportunity for a creative self-starter with an interest in trees, nature, and digital communications. We’re seeking someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has experience creating content for web and other digital properties; someone who has used Google Analytics to shape digital content strategies; and someone who has experience with content management systems and marketing automation programs. You’ll be part of a talented Marketing and Communications team, working in a business casual office, with 1,700 acres of nature and beauty outside your office door.
Position Summary: Responsible for implementing updates to the Arboretum’s website and other digital platforms. Develop content to enhance brand awareness, reputation, and participation, and contribute to the design, development, maintenance, and measurement of all digital properties. Coordinate website content management processes and report ongoing performance metrics.
- Optimize website(s) and digital properties to ensure searchability, usability, and a positive user experience. Ensure digital properties adhere to high quality standards as well as articulate the Arboretum’s mission, vision, and voice.
- Write, edit, and proofread effective content for use in digital communication channels that reflects the Arboretum’s identity and goals. Ensure the website adheres to the Arboretum’s style guide and brand expressed visually and through copy.
- Collaborate with Arboretum staff on web content updates, blog posts, and other forward-facing digital collateral that is subject to frequent changes. Assure content goes through editorial review and approval. Answer website emails and requests in a timely fashion.
- Monitor and analyze digital metrics and user trends including the website, app, social media, and marketing automation platform, and implement ongoing reporting to inform optimizations and future plans. Implement continuous improvements to search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), and keywords in alignment with SEO and SEM plans to increase visibility, rankings, and conversions from search engine results.
- Work with Marketing and Communications staff to establish and maintain an editorial calendar for the website, blog, and other digital platforms; coordinate and execute related efforts.
- Partner with Marketing and Communications staff to develop marketing automation efforts, supporting a comprehensive strategy that balances multiple departments’ needs and schedules.
- Conduct timely maintenance and repairs to the Arboretum’s website to ensure continuous quality standards and access.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred, 3+ years of related digital project experience required. Programming experience required including HTML, HTML5, general CSS, and other related programs for coding work across digital platforms. Strong knowledge of Google Analytics required. Knowledge and ability to use CMS required (WordPress or Drupal preferred). CRM and marketing automation experience preferred. Excellent writing/editing/proofreading skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
Success Factors: Earnest appreciation for the mission and work of an arboretum. Positive, proactive, hands-on professional with a strong work ethic, collaborative style, and a strong service mentality. Emphasis on teamwork and supporting others. Customer service oriented with the ability to relate effectively with internal and external contacts. Ability to manage multiple priorities to deadline, often under pressure. Ability to conduct routine analysis of web usage by compiling, summarizing, and analyzing large volumes of statistical data, particularly regarding web user trends. Highly organized in planning, and execution. Knowledge and respect for web accessibility best practices. Open to input and a lifelong learner in both technology and marketing communications. Ability to embrace and align with the organization’s employee core values to take ownership, work together, keep learning, and make the Arboretum exceptional.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Physical Demands: It is necessary to operate a computer for prolonged periods on a daily basis.
- Work Environment: Office environment. Work is performed primarily indoors.
- Equipment: General office equipment.
- Schedule: Position may require occasional weekend or evening hours.
To apply, visit https://mortonarb.org/join-support/employment/
For full consideration, please include resume and cover letter with application.
The Morton Arboretum is a champion of diversity, supporting a culture of inclusion that attracts, inspires, and engages people to achieve success. The Arboretum is committed to hire and develop employees based on job-related qualifications irrespective of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status. To increase diversity in professions related to the public garden realm, we encourage applications from underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
The Morton Arboretum is dedicated to complying with our obligations as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All applicants are guaranteed equal consideration for employment.