The J. Paul Getty Museum seeks a Digital Media Producer to support our ambitious digital media program. This is a full-time, limited term position reporting to the Digital Media Lead within the division of Education, Public Programs, and Interpretive Media. The Digital Producer will help shape the digital presentation of our educational, programming and interpretive content, online and onsite. The Digital Producer will play a major role in the management of existing online platforms and the development of new, community-focused digital initiatives. The Digital Producer supports the division with the development, presentation and implementation of public-facing content and technologies, working with other content creators, media producers, UX/UI/visual designers, web developers, and external contractors, to deliver high-quality digital products. The role will involve creative content development as well as hands-on coding of standards-based web projects. This full-time, limited term position is for 1 year.
The J. Paul Getty Museum collects, conserves, and interprets works of art of outstanding quality and historical importance. One of the most-visited museums in the United States, the J. Paul Getty Museum attracts visitors from around the world to our two locations: the Getty Center in Los Angeles, and the Getty Villa in Malibu, California. We enhance our world-class exhibitions and collection display with award-winning scholarship and interpretation through text and media.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Creates and/or produces original and adaptive material and edits material for various media channels.
- Evaluates and interprets users’ needs and project objectives and assists with determination of appropriate medium.
- Ensures consistency with Getty strategic direction, image and quality standards.
- Ensures that project release and updates meet timing requirements.
- Communicates effectively with interface design to achieve desired user experience.
- Evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques and procedures while producing and publishing content.
- Understands content specifications and advises providers about production processes and technical implementation issues.
- Works with Museum staff (technical and non-technical) to develop compelling interactive experiences both onsite and online.
- Explores, tests, and reports on the technological feasibility of new projects with wireframing and/or prototypes.
- Researches, recommends, and implements modern technical approaches to engaging interactive media presentation..
- Works with external software vendors to ensure project requirements are met.
- Provides ongoing support for existing digital systems for interactive media and web presentation. Assists in the management of a reusable build code/widget library.
- Develops new skills, levels of technical agility and learns new software to expand possibilities of interactive media production.
- Works with digital colleagues across the Getty to share resources, information, and expertise.
Participates in interactive media, web development, and/or design communities in/outside the Getty, keeping current with trends and innovations
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Demonstrated experience in digital production environment using numerous digital distribution channels such as social media, web, blogs, wikis, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Design/Media Arts, or relevant field; creative digital production experience preferred.
Experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite; proficiency with Photoshop and Illustrator, and image and graphic manipulation and production for the web and digital media.
Excellent teamwork and communication skills. Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work both independently and as part of a team. Excellent organizational and project management skills.
A passion for the future of interactive media.
Development projects include in-gallery interactive media applications, and responsive websites. Projects center on presenting combinations of media, including video, animations, audio, imagery, and graphics. User-interface design skills preferred.
Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
Proven ability to work on multiple projects, of different scope and complexity, at various stages of development, in a deadline driven work environment.
Ability to edit and/or write for different types of audiences as well as for different types of distribution channels.
Experience with SEO and Google Analytics. Passionate about the importance of web-metrics to meet goals.
Experience with Content Management Systems. Specific experience with Teamsite a plus.
Experience with cross-browser and cross-device development and testing.
Familiarity with mobile development, including responsive design and touch capabilities. Good understanding of iOS and Android SDK a plus.
Familiarity with project management, collaboration and issue-tracking tools. Additional experience with Basecamp, Slack, and/or JIRA a plus.
An appreciation for engaging visual designs and user experiences and interfaces. UX, UI, and/or visual design skills, a plus.
Familiarity of interactive media and web best practices based on user-centered and universal design. Experience with ADA accessibility guidelines a plus.
Successful candidates will be highly self-motivated team players, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Position requires the motivation to continuously research and learn different methods and technologies to provide a variety of the latest solutions.
Interest in the arts, museums, cultural heritage, and/or non-profits is preferred.
TO APPLY: https://jobs-getty.icims.com/jobs/2977/content-production-ii/job?mobile=false&width=710&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-480&jun1offset=-420