JOB TITLE: Digital Media Producer
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Marketing, Communications & Visitor Experience
New-York Historical Society, a preeminent educational and research institution, is home to both New York City’s oldest museum and to one of the nation’s most distinguished independent research libraries. New-York Historical is dedicated to presenting exhibitions and public programs and fostering research that reveals the dynamism of history and its influence on the world of today. Founded in 1804, its holdings cover four centuries of American history and include one of the world’s greatest collections of books, manuscripts, graphic materials, historical artifacts, and American art documenting the history of the United States as seen through the prism of New York.
The Digital Media Producer is a creative, collaborative person who’s enthusiastic about the New-York Historical Society and eager to contribute to its 217-year-old mission. The ideal candidate has a strong sense of marketing and social media strategies and is passionate about conceiving of and creating great digital content in multiple formats, including animation and live-action video.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Collaborates with Creative Production Manager and Social Media Manager to conceive of new media projects to promote the institution, especially exhibitions and programs;
- Collaborates on the conception and creation of in-house films: pre-production, filming, to post-production
- Creates video animation for original productions (program introductions, lower third animations, exhibition content, educations videos, and advertisements);
- Creates HTML5 animations for web ads and websites;
- Develops trailers for New-York Historical’s podcast to share on marketing platforms and promote audio episodes with original visual content;
- Resizes animation for different formats, i.e. different social channels, ad channels, and web templates; creating accessible content for multiple marketing platforms and social channels, including re-purposing for different platform features: Instagram (Stories, Reels, IGTV), Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter, meeting each platform’s specific needs;
- Maintains and defines New-York Historical’s visual brand on all project
- Ensures all media content complies with New-York Historical’s standards for accessibility across platforms
- 5+ years of experience in rich media production
- Expertise in using the following software: Final Cut X and Motion and/or Adobe Premiere and After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite Production (editing, sound mixing, and animation); Adobe Audition, Audacity;
- Expertise creating HTML5 rich media web experiences;
- Familiarity with the following hardware for film and audio production: Canon 5D Mark III / DSLR Camera Operation, GoPro time lapse camera operation, working with footage from the Canon C100 and C300, 4K Blackmagic Cinema Camera; Marantz and/or ZOOM Portable Audio Recorders, VO Microphones, Wireless and Wired Lavalier Microphones;
- Creative thinker who can produce multiple projects on time and within budget;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; accessible and approachable with interview subjects and other contacts;
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position will require the employee to lift (up to 25 lbs.), bend, stoop, walk, speak and stand for up to 8 hours in a day. Sedentary computer work is also required.
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.