Digital Media Producer – Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
The Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco are comprised of two iconic sites located within San Francisco’s beautiful parks—the de Young Museum in Golden Gate Park and the Legion of Honor Museum in Lincoln Park. As the largest public arts institution in the western United States, the Museums house a world-class collection of 151,000 artworks that span more than 5,000 years; present an ambitious schedule of more than 10 exhibitions per year; welcome 1.5 million visitors in a typical year; and are supported by 100,000 member households across the Bay Area and beyond—one of the largest art museum memberships in the United States.
To redefine the Fine Arts Museums as a forum that stimulates community and visitor conversations and explorations by applying inclusive and equitable perspectives to our collections and the histories they embody, and to support our staff to realize their potential in an inclusive and equitable workplace.
Values we Aspire to:
Diverse, Inclusive, Equitable, Accessible, Welcoming, Engaging, Insightful, Inspiring, Reliable, Creative, Generous, Fun
About the role:
The Digital Media Producer supervises the conception, development and launch of digital content and experiences to support the Fine Arts Museums’ collections, exhibitions, educational programs, and related marketing and communications initiatives. Under the direction of the Director of Digital Strategy, the Digital Media Producer will manage the production of video and audio content, educational multimedia, animations, VR/AR, 360 and other interactive experiences. They will also edit video for in-house productions.
This role assists in creating and executing project proposals, specifications, and budgets; develops and manages multiple concurrent project plans; and ensures quality and consistency across all public facing interactive and time-based media productions.
What you’ll do:
- Produces digital content, helping to shape and define the experience of the museum visitor online and on-site, ensuring quality and brand consistency across all channels.
- Write creative briefs, creates and executes project proposals, specifications, and budgets, as required. Develops RFPs, as needed, and oversees the bidding process with prospective partners.
- Generate internal operations requests. Coordinate with Facilities, Operations, Engineering, Registrar, Conservation, Security and others to organize film shoots at the Legion of Honor and the de Young.
- Edit videos shot in-house for social media, education, school and family programs and others as needed.
- Manages multiple projects and initiatives concurrently.
- In collaboration with other web and digital team members sets quality standards that elevate our brand and maximize content reach and digital audiences engagement.
- Standardize branded video productions, creating title cards and templates for different video series in partnership with Graphic Design department
- Provides guidelines and recommendations for other departments to contribute to digital projects.
- Understands content specifications and advises providers about production processes and technical implementation issues.
- Performs digital post-production tasks, as needed, including media optimization, enhancement, retouching, and proofing, audio and video editing.
- Manages FAMSF audio and video platforms, including YouTube, Soundcloud, Anchor. Uploads content and manages publication schedules on these platforms, making sure that the content is up-to-date and optimized for the platform.
- Communicates appropriately and gives technical guidance to staff and vendors as needed.
- Prepares and effectively communicates regular analytics reports (YouTube, Soundcloud and Anchor) highlighting key project and platform metrics and making recommendations for improving performance.
- Maintains a list of freelance talent and agencies to be used for various museum projects, as needed.
- Maintains the quality control and accessibility of digital media files for the museums publications, exhibitions, collection management systems, asset management systems, content management system, interactive programs, presentations, etc., in partnership with the Digital Asset management team.
- Monitors digital content and digital experience trends across virtual communication tools, podcast and video hosting platforms, learning management systems, and more.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Film or digital media studies are ideal.
- At least 3 years of experience in a digital media production environment. Creative agency background preferred.
- Proven project management and budget management abilities
- Experience editing video and audio
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Proven ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in a complex, highly demanding, and fast paced work environment
- Experience managing external creative agencies and film production crews
- Demonstrated skills in media production workflow and digital asset management experience
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused and timely manner; proactively address issues as they arise.
- Creative problem solver with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, tact, and diplomacy.
- Experience and proven ability to be a teamplayer, build consensus and work effectively within a collaborative, cross-departmental team.
- Highly organized; strong attention to detail.
- Experience with SEO and Google Analytics; passionate about the importance of web metrics to meet goals.
- Experience with digital design platforms; Adobe CS experience preferred.
- Adobe Premiere (CC and 6), and Final Cut Pro experience preferred.
- Experience with effectively using project management and content management software such as Asana, Trello, GatherContent.
COFAM is committed to advancing career opportunities for a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent, centering equity and inclusion across all aspects of our recruitment strategy.
If you require an alternative method of completing this application please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All new COFAM employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
COFAM is the Corporation of Fine Arts Museums and is the privately funded non-profit corporation which supports the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, a department of the City and County of San Francisco.
COFAM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in all phases of employment in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.