The Metropolitan Museum of Art seeks an experienced Media Producer to lead the development, presentation and implementation of public-facing digital technologies and educational multimedia to support the Museum’s collection, exhibitions, and related activities. Media projects may include media-rich digital resources, video, animations, and documentation of live events.
The Media Producer oversees digital media projects from conception through completion, serving as the primary contact for internal and external parties. The Media Producer creates and executes project proposals, specifications, and budgets; develops and manages multiple concurrent project plans; and ensures quality and consistency across media product lines. The Media Producer serves as media project team leader, working with other content creators, designers, external contractors, editors, and production staff. The Media Producer supervises the creation of media that meets the interpretative goals of the Museum and sees projects through their entire production cycle.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Experience and Skills:
- Required: five years experience in public-facing digital technologies, educational multimedia production, video production, digital communications, or related field.
- Required: experience creating art or museum-related media.
- Required: strong project management, budget, communication, collaborative, and organizational abilities.
- Required: ability to supervise and work with video crews, audio engineers, and editors.
- Currency with new developments in multimedia solutions, technologies, and delivery is ideal.
- Must be able to produce multiple projects on time and within budget.
- Energy, enthusiasm, initiative, and innovation are key qualities for this position.
Knowledge and Education:
- BA or BS required; advanced degree with a concentration in digital media, digital communications, visual or moving image arts, desired.
- Technical familiarity and expertise with media editing tools and software, such as Final Cut Pro, is necessary.