Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion at Getty
Getty believes diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion are essential to our excellence and to the execution of our mission. The Getty community values differences in the pursuit of inquiry and knowledge, mutual understanding, respect, trust, transparency, and cooperation. We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Individuals of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For this six-month position, the Digital Project Specialist will be a key member of the team for a major project to redesign, rebuild, and reorganize the getty.edu website to better serve our audiences, institutional goals, and content ecosystem. The Digital Project Specialist will work within the Getty Research Institute Digital Media & Content Strategy team, and will be in charge of project managing the creation of digital content and execution of production assignments, owning and tracking tasks from inception through to launch, and communicating and reporting on project status. The ideal candidate is a highly organized self-starter and implementer, and a thoughtful team player who has a thorough knowledge of project management fundamentals and web production processes, and has a proven track record for managing content for complex digital projects in an iterative, fast-paced environment.
The Getty Research Institute is an international center for the study of visual culture and houses one of the largest art libraries in the world, with vast special collections materials ranging from the 15th century to the present.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Own and manage a set of discrete assignments and deliverables that ladder up to the larger website redesign project.
- Create and execute timelines in line with multiple stakeholders, using tools such as Airtable and Miro to successfully manage all stages of assignments.
- Work in partnership with supervisor, team, and stakeholders to identify scope of tasks and deliverables associated with assignments.
- Ensure deadlines are met and communicate diplomatically with a broad range of staff to generate and deliver content.
- Communicate project information and status to various groups of stakeholders.
- Develop project management documentation such as roles and responsibilities matrices, scope of work, etc.
- Manage and assist editorial in work sequencing for new and existing web pages, iterating this process numerous times across wireframes and copydecks throughout the production lifecycle.
- Monitor, identify, and escalate potential project and resourcing risks, and recommend and implement strategies to mitigate them.
- Maintain transparent and clear communication channels, tactfully communicate deadlines, manage conflicting priorities, and keep assignments on schedule.
- Manage content assets, gathering and organizing, ensuring content elements meet technical requirements, and check that rights are clear.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably related to digital media production for web
- PMI-completed coursework a plus
- 5+ years of experience preferably related to digital media production for web
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple digital projects in a fast-paced, iterative production environment using project management tools and software to develop schedules, sequence work, assign tasks, gather, organize, and assemble assets, and produce web content
- A self-starter who can work under little to no supervision and is equally adept in a team environment with a proven ability to work with others
- A strong background in arts and humanities and knowledge of a cultural research environment is highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment and prioritize, produce, and advance multiple digital content projects.
- Expertise in creating and managing complex digital production schedules, using project management tools such as Airtable.
- Outstanding ability to multitask and meet concurrent and multiple deadlines: ability to quickly react and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proven ability to manage team meetings, brainstorm sessions, capture feedback, and compile into useful conclusions and recommendations.
- Exceptional ability in gathering, organizing, and aggregating digital content assets such as text drafts, images, video, audio, wireframes, and copydecks.
- Expert attention to detail needed to create and maintain asset libraries, folders, tags, and metadata across systems.
- Successfully maintain transparent and clear communication channels, tactfully communicate deadlines, manage concurrent priorities, and keep assignments on schedule.
- Exceptional ability to work with a wide variety of audiences, with proven ability to diplomatically give and receive feedback.
Benefits and Perks
Here are just some examples that Getty offers/provides for full-time employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance coverage, starting on date of hire. Getty pays 75%-95% of the premium, depending on the plan selected.
- 403(b) Employee Investment retirement plan – with up to 5% Getty Match
- Getty contribution of 6%, on behalf of employee, to 401(a) retirement account
- Educational Assistance and professional development
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Many positions have bi-weekly Off-Fridays
- On-Site Fitness Center at Getty Center
- Community service opportunities
To learn more about our comprehensive benefits and long list of perks, go to Getty HR.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status.
Hiring Pay Scale: $66,868 – $88,604 Annually