CultureConnect (www.cultureconnectme.com) is an award-winning technology company that helps museums, cultural & tourism organizations, and private collectors create beautiful and meaningful digital experiences. From mobile apps to in-gallery touchscreens to online exhibitions, CultureConnect is the leader in digital interpretation and engagement for the culture sector. Our innovative technology platform is unmatched, a first-of-its-kind that not only delivers on digital interpretation goals but also solves technology management challenges. Clients include the New-York Historical Society, Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, the Bell Museum, the federal government, private collectors and many more.
In addition to delivering best-in-class software, CultureConnect’s team provides project management and consulting services from digital to content strategy, audience research and user testing, to concepting and design. Our full-time staff includes developers, designers, QA specialists, project & client managers and the executive team.
CultureConnect is looking for Digital Producer to join our team based in the NYC-area (see location information below for more details). This role will be dedicated to a specific and on-going client and responsible for delivering a scope of work through December 2019 with the possibility of/opportunity to continue on with new projects in 2020+. This role will report to the VP of Client Management and also collaborate with CultureConnect’s CEO and product team based in NYC and Europe.
This is a dream position for someone who wants to work at the intersection of technology, museums/collections, and design for a leading innovator in the arts & culture sector.
- Collaborate 1:1 with our client to lead the design and configuration of a series of dazzling digital interactives (largely tablet-based) using the CultureConnect content software.
- Content strategy in collaboration with the client, including overall guidance on the flow of information and media as well as page layouts using the CultureConnect templates.
- Graphic design skills, specifically:
- Visual design: the selection and application of fonts and colors leveraging your creativity, knowledge of web and design standards, and the client’s style guide.
- Image manipulation, formatting and preparation using client-provided content (text, media etc.).
- Please see our Design Stories for examples of graphic design expectations for media, fonts and colors: https://cultureconnectme.com/category/design-stories/
- Independently manage this client’s projects including scheduling, communicating over email and video conference, and processing feedback from the client.
- Communicate and collaborate with the CultureConnect team, including our lead designer, development team, VP of Client Services, and the CEO.
- 3-5 years experience as a digital producer, account manager, or content strategist with the graphic design skills described above OR a graphic designer with some client management and/or content management experience.
- Experience working with collections – art and/or special collections preferred – in a museum, private collector or other collections context that, ideally, touches on educational, interpretation or curatorial roles.
- Comfortable with digital tools including content management systems (you’ll be learning the CultureConnect platform!), project management and team communication tools.
- Understanding web best practices for image formatting and the written word.
- Excellent communicator that is always professional with all client interactions.
- Takes pride in ensuring the applications are truly beautiful, meaningful and engaging while meeting client goals.
- Comfortable providing the client options, refining based on new information and client feedback, and ultimately making recommendations in balance with client goals.
- Can work effectively with remote team members and remote client.
Location Information & Other Stuff:
- You are ideally located in NYC or within commuting distance in the greater NYC area. Willing to consider exceptional candidates outside this radius, ideally commutable by train (e.g. Philadelphia, Washington DC).
- A short trip to the west coast for a client site visit may be required.
- ***This position requires passing a background check performed by the client.***
- This is a long-term temp to perm position that will be employed as a contractor.
- Email to email@example.com with ‘Digital Producer Position’ in the subject line
- Include your resume and portfolio (link to website; attach a PDF etc.) with examples of relevant projects.
- A brief introduction, ideally noting where the Core Responsibilities show up in your experience.