About ICA Miami
ICA Miami is dedicated to promoting continuous experimentation in contemporary art, advancing new scholarship, and fostering the exchange of art and ideas throughout the Miami region and internationally. Through an energetic calendar of exhibitions and programs, and its collection, ICA Miami provides an important international platform for the work of local, emerging, and under-recognized artists, and advances the public appreciation and understanding of the most innovative art of our time. The Museum is deeply committed to providing open, public access to artistic excellence by offering year-round free admission.
About the Position
The Digital Producer will work directly with ICA Miami leadership to manage the development, presentation and implementation of inspiring public-facing content and digital technologies in support of ICA Miami’s dynamic artistic program. The role serves as the primary coordinator of the Museum’s website, app(s), and digital content, working with other creators, designers, and external vendors, while overseeing accuracy and the institutional voice across media and platforms. As a main liaison between the External Affairs Department and colleagues across the institution, the role requires exceptional project management and communication skills.
Full-time, non exempt
Reports to Marketing Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with the Museum’s Curatorial and Marketing teams in the development and management of an Annual Digital Content Strategy and production calendar;
- Steward the end-to-end production, management, and delivery of key digital assets for the museum, including but not limited to: Podcast audio, new digital videos, campaign media assets, new media, XR, apps, and more.
- Support the production of original content by scheduling and running photography, audio, and video shoots, livestream events, and managing all production logistics within the Museum, including artists and with external vendors;
- Gather, organize, proof, and manage all digital assets for the Museum’s digital platforms;
- Catalog digital assets for future use and research using best practices for metadata injection;
- Develop and manage timelines for timely and accurate content updates for the Museum’s website and digital signage via the Museum’s content management system, including frequently updating the ICA Miami calendar and exhibition-specific pages;
- Maintain best practices for publishing on ICA Miami’s website and other digital platforms, implement editorial guidelines, and ensure accuracy, usability, and a consistent institutional voice;
- Upload video and audio assets to the website, ensuring accessibility and usability, oversee production work on exhibition pages and exhibition-related web features, and publish content to the Museum’s digital signage system;
- Coordinate the ongoing development of ICA Miami’s website with WebDev/DevOps vendors;
- Manage timelines, assets and uploads for the Museum’s digital initiatives, working with key leadership personnel to ensure mission-critical and funded projects are completed in a timely fashion;
- Research and propose innovative new avenues for on-site audience engagement;
- Strategize and develop best practices for internal efficiencies and working cross-departmentally; and
- Assist with the supervision and mentoring of any interns or junior staff.
- Minimum of 3 years professional web or digital media production experience;
- Strong production and editorial skills;
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, and ability to work in a dynamic environment;
- Strong background in project management; human-centered design thinking a plus;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: professional maturity and flexible disposition working with internal clients in a museum environment;
- Ability and desire to communicate clearly about digital initiatives with non-technical staff;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinker, and a passion for contemporary culture, especially visual art and museums;
- Bachelor’s degree in or equivalent in applicable field;
- Image/photo editing (Adobe suite), basic knowledge of HTML and CSS; familiarity with content management systems and a variety of third-party tools, including Google Analytics, Project Management software, and major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram); and
- Video editing; podcast formatting; best practices in design thinking, information architecture and user experience; experience with Salesforce, a plus.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push, grasp, communicate, and use repetitive motions;
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee may frequently lift and or move 25 pounds of materials; and
- The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from multiple people and interact with the public and other staff.
How to apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunities
ICA Miami provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ICA Miami complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.