OVERVIEW: Provide support to the Digital Media Specialist and Digital Designer in content implementation and maintenance for all channels of digital communication, including the Seattle Art Museum website, social media and email marketing.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt REPORTS TO: Digital Media Specialist
- Maintain SAM’s web properties by deploying content updates using image production and web coding (HTML, CSS) skills. SAM’s website is built on the Sharepoint platform.
- Assist in executing email marketing campaigns, including design and production of html emails.
- Help conceptualize and design digital content.
- Create design elements for digital media projects, including graphics, images, web ads, backgrounds, navigational elements, animated gifs, icons, and headers.
- Collect website user feedback and respond to customer queries (as needed).
- Brainstorm solutions to customer needs.
- Design user experiences and user interfaces, delivering wireframes and interactive mockups (as needed).
- Perform quality assurance testing on website features developed by the SAM IT team.
- Adhere to SAM brand and style guidelines when producing digital content.
- Stay abreast of trends in web communication, social media, and innovative uses of digital technologies.
- Assist with development and maintenance of a digital asset management system.
- Provide additional support to Communications projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Associate’s degree in digital media, graphic design, web design, communications, or related field. Bachelor’s preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience (or equivalent) in digital marketing, digital design, UX/UI design, or project management.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in HTML/CSS required. Must be able to read, write, and apply HTML/CSS styling to web content for visual consistency on the website and in email marketing.
- Digital graphics production, use of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Proficiency with the MS Office Suite.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks, good time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with the SharePoint platform HIGHLY desired.
- Experience with photography and photo retouching desired.
- Experience with front-end web development desired.
- Experience with the full Adobe Creative Suite desired.
- Experience with MS Project desired.
- Experience with video editing software (and best practices) desired, preferably Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro.
- Working knowledge of applying visual content to email and social media tools and best practices: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Mail Chimp, YouTube desired
- Understanding of analytics reporting tools and web analysis measures.
The Seattle Art Museum will consider reasonable accommodations for those applicants with disabilities who may need a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions/duties. Please contact the Human Resources Department for additional information.
Seattle Art Museum is committed to diversity and inclusion. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives to the workplace are especially encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY: Please visit http://www.seattleartmuseum.org/about-sam/careers for specific instructions on how to submit your cover letter and resume.
Deadline: Open Until Filled