The Corporation of the Fine Arts Museums is seeking a Digital Project Manager. Under the supervision of the Director of Digital Strategy, the Digital Project Manager develops, implements, and evaluates production plans for the Museums’ digital platforms with the goal to increase awareness of and engagement in the Museums’ exhibitions, collections, and public programs. The Digital Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management and smooth operations of various digital projects, including site launches, web applications, digital signage, partnership pilots, and other projects, as assigned. A successful candidate will be a collaborative, organized, self-starting professional who is dedicated to teamwork, execution, project management fundamentals, and the fulfillment of the Museums’ mission.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides end-to-end technical project management from project scoping, budget preparation and maintenance, project planning, progress tracking, timeline development, and support documentation. Ensure that projects are delivered on time, within scope, and within budget.
- Manages master team schedule and project management environment. Regularly reports on project progress, creates and maintains status briefs, and standardizes project plans and tracking documentation.
- Manages projects for web and mobile platform updates and redesigns, digital signage, and other institutional digital projects, as required, in concert with digital team and museum stakeholders.
- Creates project proposals and timelines for large scale web-based and digital projects and obtains cross-departmental approvals, as needed.
- Manages the relationship with vendors/partners and internal stakeholders and coordinates internal resources and third parties/vendors/partners for timely execution.
- Manages the master calendar for production and communications surrounding the Museums’ website and core digital program in support of the Museums’ overall goals/priorities.
- Tracks, analyzes, and reports on website visitation and user engagement, and provides relevant data-driven recommendations.
- Directly supervises Digital Production Coordinator and Digital interns on the coordination of website and electronic signage content and related special projects; manages work schedules and departmental trainings.
- Responsible for training and the evangelization of project management methodologies and tools. Establish practices, templates, policies, tools, and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
- Conducts research on different strategic initiatives and field trends as well as digital best practices and project management trends.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Work Experience: 3 years of experience creating and managing content and production timelines, preferably in a museum environment. Production, design, SEO/SEM, analytics, and agile experience preferred. Experience managing other employees is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in a complex, highly demanding, and fast paced work environment.
- Experience in Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, and other project management methodologies.
- A high level of initiative, problem solving skills, and project management capabilities.
- Ability to analyze and integrate information from relevant sources and incorporate changes or make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused and timely manner. Proactively address issues as they arise.
- Experience and proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team. Established stakeholder management skills.
- Experience with content management systems (Drupal preferred)
- Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience working with multiple project management software options.
- Knowledge of HTML, graphic design best practices, and image and search optimization for Web.
- Art history background strongly preferred.
COFAM offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
To view the full job description and to apply visit https://famsf.snaphire.com/jobdetails?ajid=SeEQ7