A new people-centred art + creativity facility
An exceptional opportunity to lead
We are looking for a Director to lead the development and operation of an innovative 21st century art and creativity centre, a key part of the rejuvenation of Invercargill city. This is much more than a gallery.
There has been strong public feedback for an innovative new facility to be a social hub, an artistic anchor point, and a way to build capability in the arts sector. The Director will oversee all aspects of the NZ$16m project – including building strong stakeholder, community and funder support, developing a strategic vision and plan, leading the architectural briefing, project development, organisational design and recruitment, and ensuring the successful launch and operation of a thriving facility.
The successful applicant will have achieved proven results in a similar role, and will have a mix of skills, attitude and experience which combine to ensure:
- A genuine and generous interest in people, and ways in which art and creativity programming can generate positive impacts and outcomes
- A strategic, pragmatic and enterprising approach – with an ability to see the opportunity, and make it happen.
- Excellent relationship with the client, partners (including mana whenua), communities, funders and stakeholders.
- The capability to analyse and build shared understanding of opportunities and challenges – and lead in a way that delivers high-value outcomes.
- Effective financial, project and people management – with attention to detail at all times.
Invercargill is the heart of New Zealand’s beautiful Southland region. As Director you will play a leading role in the transformation of the city which is currently underway – leading one of a number of key transformational projects which will have a big impact on the city and region.
If you are excited about this opportunity and are ready to make a career-changing commitment to leading an innovative and sector-leading approach to arts and creativity facilities contact us for more details.
To apply in strict confidence now, email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com quoting 142254mw. Applications close on 28 October 2018. Emails will be electronically acknowledged and further correspondence may be by email.
To view a position description, please visit the Job Search page at www.sheffield.co.nz.
For more information please phone Mike Stenhouse on +64 274 428 348.