The IMA Lab is a unique group within the cultural institution space. The IMA Lab develops innovative, open source solutions for art museums, gardens, historic societies, and other cultural institutions and works with these institutions to implement and optimize the solutions. The IMA Lab specializes in collection management solutions, online and mobile usability solutions, website and app development. Examples of IMA Lab innovation include Art Babble, TAP, and OSCI. In addition, the IMA Lab works directly as the in-house developer for IMA applications.
The Director of Business Development & Client Relations is responsible for the development and execution of the IMA Lab’s business development and acquisition strategy, as well as managing client relations. The Director will work with the CFO and others to develop strategy and assist the IMA Lab in achieving its strategic and financial goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Preparation for attending industry conferences, including, but not limited to Museums & the Web and MCN
- Developing business development materials and collateral, both print and digital
- Attending key conferences, as requested by the IMA, and assist in promoting the IMA Lab, including staffing exhibition booths
- Developing the business development portion of the IMA Lab website
- Preparing and maintaining a calendar and plan for attending industry conferences and engaging with industry representatives and organizations
- Developing a tool to track and maintaining oversight of the tool to manage the IMA Lab’s business development client and grant pipeline
- Identifying funding opportunities, including grant-based opportunities
- Identifying participants for and organizing an IMA Lab advisory council/board
- Developing a product development plan in conjunction with the CFO and Chief Technologist of the IMA Lab
- Expanding the IMA’s partnerships with other cultural institutions, as well as both for-profit institutions and higher education institutions
- Developing policies and procedures to enhance the IMA Lab’s business development opportunities
- The Director will also be responsible for representing the IMA and its technology efforts at conferences and will continue to build the IMA’s reputation as a leader in the museum field in the use of technology
- The Director will build upon this reputation by developing relationships and collaborations with other leaders in the field. These collaborations will leverage the IMA’s existing efforts to take advantage of synergies and common interests between like-minded institutions.
- The Director will be responsible for the revenue budgeting and related financial aspects of operating the department, and will also be responsible for soliciting
- Travel may be a significant part of the duties of this position
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
B.A./B.S. degree. Minimum five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A competitive salary is offered for all positions and a generous benefits package for full-time positions. To apply, please send your resume to: ATTN: Human Resources – 4000 Michigan Road; Indianapolis, IN 46208, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 317-920-2655. No phone calls, please. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.