Are you someone who is:
- A publishing expert with demonstrated interest in developing and relaying new forms of scholarship, inquiry, and information sharing?
- An experienced digital content developer with the highest-level knowledge of contemporary art, art practices, and audience responsiveness?
- An empowering leader who can effectively collaborate with artistic and communications leaders to ensure a consistent and compelling voice?
If so, then the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago is looking for you!
We have an opening for a Director of Content Strategy to develop a holistic content strategy and bring an integrated, forward-thinking approach to address the rich, multidisciplinary exhibitions, performances, programs, and ideas developed by MCA staff and artists. To be successful in this role, you must:
- Support the Director of Curatorial Strategy to integrate the Artistic Division with the Museum’s Audience Experience and Strategic Communications departments to support the MCA’s overall goals toward a cohesive voice and identity.
- Help shape the MCA’s voice and ensure consistency across all platforms, in line with the museum’s overall strategy.
- With the guidance of the Chief Curator, align the publications program with curatorial and audience priorities of the MCA and oversee a future-focused publishing program.
- Develop an arc of engagement and learning platforms encompassing our physical site and website as well as readers of our publications that successfully matches content to communication channel.
- In consultation with Director of Curatorial Strategy, shape a creative and participatory interpretive approach to MCA exhibitions, performances, and programs that supports creative and social learning for a broad audience.
- Work collaboratively with leadership in Strategic Communications and Visitor Experience departments to develop audience-focused content for an integrated digital and onsite strategy including a user-friendly website and digital presence for the MCA that is in alignment with overall web strategies.
Desired qualifications are a MA or MFA in Art History/Art, Literature/Writing, or Education and a minimum of 7 years related experience in publishing, libraries, or education and technology, and:
- Experience in developing and managing book publishing, magazines, or online publishing platforms.
- Outstanding written and verbal skills.
- Strong knowledge of the field of contemporary publishing with experience in technology.
- Demonstrated engagement with contemporary art history and criticism and awareness of museum interpretation as well as current cultural arguments in art and popular culture.
This is a full time position with a schedule of five days per week, with varied hours based on program schedules and off-site work requirements including evenings and events as necessary. National and international travel for research is expected. Ability to operate general office equipment and telephones and mobility throughout museum required.
Interested? APPLY NOW at https://mcachicago.org/About/Employment
P.S. The MCA provides a generous benefits package that includes: health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; free life, AD&D, short term and long term disability insurance; retirement plans; discounted parking; pre-tax transportation programs; visiting the MCA’s galleries; curator led staff tours of MCA exhibitions; discounts at the MCA Store and Marisol; discounts for MCA Stage and other programs; plus a wide variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland area.
The MCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. In addition, we aspire to make the MCA community and our environment – staff, audiences, artists, programs, and exhibitions – reflective of the diversity of the city of Chicago and to capture the spirit of access, inclusion, and equity in all we do. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.