The Exhibition Media Manager will manage a wide range of digital projects including, AV exhibits, gallery interactives, web and mobile experiences, and internal management systems. The 9/11 Memorial & Museum has more than 90 media experiences, and it is the responsibility of the Exhibition Media team to ensure their daily integrity and performance, as well as their future use and relevance for Museum visitors. The Exhibition Media Manager will be an advocate for human-centered design and will need to be comfortable facilitating interpretive planning and design thinking workshops.
This position works with both Museum staff and external vendors including; collection registrars, educators, exhibition designers, exhibition writers, multimedia producers, web developers, audio visual technicians, and information technology specialists. This is a full-time position that may require some early morning and evening hour work.
Essential functions for this position fall into three categories:
- Multimedia content curation and production
- Lead interpretive planning process for new multimedia content for web, mobile, and in-gallery media experiences
- Manage the production of new multimedia content, including video and audio production processes
- Participate in the review, moderation, and archiving of user-generated content and other incoming exhibition digital assets
- Digital product management and maintenance
- Lead the strategic development and deployment of new digital products and web properties
- Troubleshoot daily issues and regularly review digital platforms and content management systems to ensure performance and functionality
- Participate in ongoing user testing of digital products and systems
- AV exhibit development and maintenance
- Lead the design and development of new AV exhibits ensuring the appropriate systems and equipment are purchased and installed
- Coordinate the design, fabrication and installation of custom AV hardware with internal audiovisual technicians
- Participate in ongoing testing and review of AV equipment and hardware
- Experience in digital experience design and/or multimedia content production
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Creative problem-solving skills, a curious mind, and an enthusiastic work ethic
- Comfort with ambiguity and complex problems
- Ability to plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Familiarity with basic HTML/XML and iOS and Android operation systems
- Familiarity video and audio editing software
- Familiarity with vector-based design software
- This job description is a descriptive list of the responsibilities and qualifications associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employees are expected to also perform other business- related duties as assigned by the supervisor or other management.
- The organization reserves the right to change, modify, or reassign job responsibilities, duties and scheduled work hours as per business needs.
- This document is a communication tool and not intended as a written or implied contract of employment.
HOW TO APPLY
- Include job title in the email subject field.
- Please state the location where job posting was seen.
- Send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org