Discover Nikkei, a project of the Japanese American National Museum, is a multilingual website about Nikkei—Japanese migrants and their descendants in the world.
We are seeking a front-end Web developer to help us complete work to update and expand functionality of the user profiles section on the Discover Nikkei website with new features and layout changes.
Work will include finalizing the layout of the profile pages and the aggregation of users in list form and map overlay form. We will provide wireframes and functional requirements. He/she will work with the Museum’s staff web developer who has already completed much of the back-end development. We prefer that the right candidate be local to the Southern California market but will consider remote candidates as well.
- Update templates for the profile pages:
- Landing page (including a map that presents profiles geographically and a feed of recent user site activity from throughout the site—articles, event postings, comments, etc.)
- Public profile page (including user info, map, feed of user’s site activity, etc.)
- Profile management page (viewable only to users)
- Search / browse profile page (listing of users and relevant sorting capabilities information)
- Programming of profile pages
- Updating Django views with data queries to help generate HTML
- Create embedded Google maps with location-based overlays
- Single Sign-on features
- Internationalization—Implement translations in the 4 site languages (English, Japanese, Spanish, and Portuguese)
- Ensure consistency throughout the site—Page template layouts must be designed in consideration of existing design/functional behaviors throughout the site and future incorporation across the rest of the site
Required technical skills:
Familiarity with followings a plus:
Git, FTP, Google Docs
Must complete project by December 9, 2016.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter, and website samples, preferably as closely related to the referenced project as possible. When possible, please include a short description of your involvement in your examples.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Freelance Front-end Developer” in the subject line.