Gather‘s mission is to enrich lives by creating connection through learning. We partner with leading universities, museums, scientific, and cultural institutions to help them bring their experiences together in coherent and meaningful ways for their members and for the public. With Gather, organizations can easily connect their people, programs, and insights to increase engagement, value, and impact for all of the communities they serve.
What we’re looking for:
Gather is looking for an entrepreneurial software engineer to help us build the future of social enrichment learning. You will be in charge of building, testing & shipping full-stack features for users as we iterate towards product-market fit. You’ll work directly with the founding team to deliver features for our users and have a direct hand in the company building as we grow. This is an opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the future of lifelong learning.
- Own features through the entire product development lifecycle. Model, implement & test solutions for our users.
- Work closely with our Head of Engineering, Scott, and Founding Engineer, Ryan, to grow as an engineer in pursuit of craftsmanship.
Shape our Culture
- You’ll be a key player in the culture that we cultivate.
- You will apply & improve on the engineering principles that guide us sprint by sprint.
- Apply the latest engineering tools & patterns to deliver quickly without compromising on quality.
- Professional experience as a software engineer (minimum 1 year).
- Growth mindset—looking to level up.
You might excel at this role if you:
- Are an entrepreneurial software engineer.
- Are fluent in our stack (TypeScript, React, GraphQL, Node.js).
- Have first-hand experience building web products from scratch.
- Have a passion for education and lifelong learning.
We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.
How to apply:
Does this role sound like a good fit? Let’s chat!
- Fill out this application
- Send along anything (links, resume, blurbs) that best showcase the relevant things you’ve built.
$100-150k, 0-0.25% equity