The Frick Collection is an art museum consisting of more than 1,400 works of art from the thirteenth to the nineteenth century, displayed in the intimate surroundings of the former home of Henry Clay Frick. The residence, with its furnishings and works of art, has been open to the public since 1935. The Frick Art Reference Library is an internationally-recognized research library that serves as one of the most complete resources for the study of Western art. Founded in 1920, the Library today holds more than one million study photographs, 285,000 books, 80,000 auction catalogs, and 2,250 periodical titles. It is open to interested individuals from all over the world.
Oversees graphic institutional identity in all of its expressions, the position will guide the institution in maintaining brand standards. The Graphic Designer will act as a gatekeeper for all graphic design needs throughout the institution. In collaboration with internal and external constituents s/he will act as a point person for developing TFC’s style guide. Will lead collaboration with internal and agency partners to develop brand vision and style guide. Will design a range of materials for institution-wide programming, fundraising, and exhibitions graphics. Collaborates with internal stakeholders across departments to develop creative approaches that meet their needs and cohere to the brand vision of the institution, utilizing print and digital communication media. Provides art direction for social media platforms. Plays large role in managing file saving and image sharing protocols. Coordinates with in-house production staff to manage deadlines and expectations for print production. Serve as point of contact for outside vendors including printers through output services.
- BFA or equivalent in graphic design.
- Minimum 5 years related experience, preferably in a cultural institution.
- Experience applying brand guidelines to graphic design projects.
- Project planning/workflow expertise, including producing project timelines, budgets, and production schedule for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design).
- Deep knowledge of prepress production and print production.
- Exposure to/knowledge of Animate and Motion Graphics.
- A strong understanding of typography and layout.
- Knowledge of web design principals.
- Knowledge of pre-press production and print production
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Preferred: knowledge of paper sourcing, specialty papers, and specialty printing including embossing, debossing, letter pressing, and foil stamping
Please see the attached post for the entire description and application details.