Guest Services Associate
The Education and Guest Services department provides meaningful learning opportunities for Mount Vernon’s one million annual guests. Through a diverse portfolio of interpretive experiences, engaging public programs, services and events, we expand each guest’s understanding of our nation’s Founding Father.
The Department of Guest Services facilitates guest access to, and use of, the estate. Guest Services manages ticketing operations, reservations, shuttle services, wharf operations, use of the Ford Orientation Center, and other guest amenities/services. This position is paid at $11.00/hour.
Please apply via the following link https://jobapply.page.link/AjEN
Guest Services Principles:
- Exceed audience learning expectations and ensure a level of access in which everyone is welcome – be friendly, respectful, engaging, and flexible. Always remember that this visit may be their first and only.
- Encourage a meaningful appreciation of George Washington and the world in which he lived. Ensure that his legacy connects to the world our audiences live in today.
- Engage yourself in the mission of the Mount Vernon Ladies’ Association – take responsibility for your continued development and commit to collaboration. Care for your colleagues and be proud of what we accomplish together.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Welcome guests of all ages and backgrounds, assist with their orientation to the Mount Vernon experience and wayfinding on the property. Create a positive learning environment by being hospitable, approachable, and professional in appearance and demeanor
- Assist supervisors with the daily opening, closing, and security of the relevant facilities
- Assist supervisors with the implementation of emergency procedures when necessary to ensure safety for our guests, colleagues, historic structures, and collections
- Maintain a thorough understanding of estate logistics, programs, and content
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Excellent customer service skills and an outgoing, friendly, positive demeanor is necessary
- Strong communication skills are required
- Must be responsible, flexible, punctual, and able to work well under pressure
- Ability to work creatively and effectively as a member of a team is mandatory
- Must be able to stand/walk for long periods on varying surfaces, inside and outside, and in a variety of conditions
- Must comply with: comprehensive dress code for uniformed staff; departmental standard operating procedures
- Must work frequent weekends, evenings, and holidays