Salary: $144,128.00 – $172,500.00 (Yearly Salary)
This senior role will be responsible for building a team delivering innovative and engaging digital content, aimed at attracting and reflecting the nation through the National Gallery’s website, mobile app and other digital channels.
In this role you will:
Provide leadership and direction to content specialists managing day-to-day content operations for our websites, mobile applications and other digital products.
Create and publish compelling, engaging and accurate digital content with content creators and subject matter experts (curators, conservators, interpreters, editors, educators etc) across the National Gallery.
Grow, engage and retain a digital audience for the National Gallery across our digital platforms, with a commitment to reflecting the diversity of the United States in our approach to digital content.
Support the museum in the implementation of its new content strategy, including running/participating in workshops, and turning strategic recommendations into practical delivery.
Lead adoption and delivery of best practices around UX writing and user-centered content design.
Develop and implement new website content initiatives, make strategic recommendations, and develop appropriate plans, specifications, and metrics for success in consultation with the Chief of Digital Product and Experience and Chief Content Officer.
Implement new processes and protocols for user administration, content workflows, and website enhancements.
Serve as team manager/project director for digital content projects, working with and scheduling other content creators, designers, external contractors, writers, copywriters, and production teams.
Develop and implement digital content project schedules, track project status and manage team deliverables, overseeing digital content production efforts from conception through completion.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Subject to background/suitability investigation.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
Consistent with Executive Order 14043 and with guidance by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Federal employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee’s duty location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination by November 22, 2021 or before appointment or onboarding with the National Gallery, if after November 22. The National Gallery will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required exception from this requirement.
Individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
- Attention to Detail – Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service – Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government)
- Oral Communication – Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving – Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
There are no special physical demands.
Candidates must possess at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent in responsibility to the GS-14 level in the Federal service.
Specialized Experience Statement:
Candidates must possess at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent in responsibility to the NF-14 level in the Federal service, planning, creating and evaluating public-facing digital content for a major organization or institution that helps grow, engage and retain target audiences, both onsite and online.
Other Relevant Eligibility Criteria: None
Those applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements will be evaluated against these factors to determine the best-qualified candidates. Candidates should ensure their résumé and submitted materials clearly demonstrate possession of these factors to receive maximum employment consideration.
- Mastery knowledge of and demonstrated experience in digital project management and digital content creation for media organizations, for nonprofits, within the visual arts, museums, or cultural organizations.
- Mastery knowledge of and demonstrated experience in website content development, content management systems (e.g., Adobe Experience Manager, Drupal), knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Extensive UX writing and communication experience, including leading and participation on cross-functional teams dedicated to improving UX through writing, information architecture and design.
- Leadership skills and experience, with an ability to recruit, inspire and develop a team of specialists.
This position has a positive education requirement, you may submit copies of your transcripts or a course listing. You must provide documentation supporting your education claims.
Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
To Apply: Please apply via USAJobs: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/622941400
To be considered for this position, you must submit your complete application, including all required supporting documentation (see “Required Documentation” section) no later than 11:59pm U.S. Eastern Time on the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to submit a complete application prior to the closing time (regardless of when you started) the application system will not allow you to finish! Requests for extensions will not be granted, so please begin the application process allowing yourself enough time to finish and submit your application before the deadline. Our application system displays a countdown timer in the top-left corner of the screen for your reference.
Steps to submit a complete application:
- You must have an active USAJOBS account and be logged in.
- You must have a completed resume associated with your USAJOBS account.
- Once you are logged in and all of your application materials are ready, click on the ‘Apply Online’ button to get started.
- You will be given the option to include your resume, documents, and demographic information from your USAJOBS profile. You will then be transferred to the National Gallery of Art’s application tracking system. If you select documents from your USAJOBS account, you MUST complete the download process in a later step or your USAJOBS documentation WILL NOT be transferred! See Step 6.
- You must respond to all applicant assessment questions, carefully following all instructions provided.
- You will then be asked to upload additional supporting documentation. If you selected documents from USAJOBS prior to being transferred to our application system (Step 4), you will need to click the “USAJOBS” link to complete the transfer process. These documents ARE NOT automatically transferred! It is ultimately your responsibility to make sure that all required documents are either faxed, uploaded, or transferred from USAJOBS successfully. If you are unsure whether your documents went through, please contact the Agency Contact listed on the announcement BEFORE the vacancy closes.
- IMPORTANT: In the final step of the application process you will be shown a copy of your resume and all the information you entered during the application process. You must click the ‘Finish’ button at the bottom of this final page and receive confirmation that your application has been received. If you do not click ‘Finish’, your application will not be received!
If your resume does not support the responses in your application questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated ‘ineligible’, ‘not qualified’, or your evaluation rating may be adjusted accordingly.
Steps to modify or withdraw your application:
- Return to USAJOBS and log in to your account.
- In the “My Account” screen, click “Application Status” in the left-hand column.
- You will see a table list of all the jobs you’ve applied to, click on the title of the application you want to modify.
- If the announcement is still open the button which normally says “Apply Online” will instead say “Edit Application”, click that button. (If you wish to withdraw your application from consideration after the closing date, contact the HR Specialist listed on the announcement.)
- You will be directed back to NGA’s application tracking system where you can make changes, or you can click “Withdraw Application” to remove your application from being considered.
- If you experience any difficulties with the application process (anything after you have clicked the ‘Apply Online’ button), please contact the Agency Contact listed on this announcement during normal business hours. If you are receiving any kind of error message, please be ready to provide a screenshot or at a minimum, the error message text and number.
- If you are having trouble with USAJOBS (searching for jobs, account password/profile issues, or Resume Builder help, please visit the USAJOBS Resource Center or e-mail USAJOBS3.email@example.com. Regretfully, NGA cannot resolve issues with your USAJOBS account. We regret that we are unable to support any issue with USAJOBS, as this service is maintained by the Office of Personnel Management exclusively.
- If you are experiencing a significant hardship which hinders your ability to apply online please contact the Agency Contact listed on this announcement during normal business hours to discuss your situation. Resumes and/or supporting documentation alone will not be considered without the inclusion of a hard copy application packet. The complete package is due no later than 5:30 PM Eastern Daylight Saving Time on the closing date of this announcement.