JOB TITLE: Help Desk Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Technology
New-York Historical Society, a preeminent educational and research institution, is home to both New York City’s oldest museum and to one of the nation’s most distinguished independent research libraries. New-York Historical is dedicated to presenting exhibitions and public programs, and fostering research that reveal the dynamism of history and its influence on the world of today. Founded in 1804, its holdings cover four centuries of American history, and include one of the world’s greatest collections of books, manuscripts, graphic materials, historical artifacts, and American art documenting the history of the United States as seen through the prism of New York.
JOB SUMMARY: The Help Desk Specialist efficiently supports the technical needs of all staff within the institution’s environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Serving as the first point of contact for the user seeking technical assistance over phone, email, or IT ticketing system;
- Provide remote desktop support for both PC’s and Mac OS;
- Create AD user and email accounts and manage their respective permissions;
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following specifications for both PC’s and Mac OS;
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems for end-users on a variety of issues;
- Resolve technical issues with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems;
- Assist with overseeing the daily performance of administrative staff’s workstations;
- Manage equipment setup and deployment as needed;
- Maintain asset management and software deployment solutions including software license allocation;
- Assist with providing guidance and or produce instructional material for end users
- Investigate and diagnose antivirus alerts;
- Additional duties as requested.
- Associate degree, or equivalent experience;
- IT certifications a plus;
- 2+ years of experience providing level 1 or above help desk support in IT operations;
- Working knowledge of imaging software, databases, and remote access;
- Strong client-facing and communication skills;
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and with little direction;
- Broad knowledge of multiple facets of IT support and systems;
- Knowledge of Cisco’s Unified Communications IP phone system a plus;
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Google workspace a plus.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary range: [$50-$60k/annually]
New-York Historical Society provides a generous benefits package for eligible employees to support their health and wellbeing, which includes:
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal days, and holidays observed by the Museum;
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance;
- Short and long-term disability coverage options;
- 403(b) retirement plan with eligibility for employer contributions following one year of full-time service;
- Flexible spending accounts for health-related expenses, dependent care, and parking and transit expenses;
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees and their families;
- 20% discount at the NYHistory Store, Parliament Café and Storico restaurant, located within the Museum;
- Free admission to various museums and cultural institutions across the city.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to move up to 50 lbs.
COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY: To ensure the overall health and safety of the New-York Historical Society community and in accordance with New York City requirements, all newly hired employees of the New-York Historical Society are required to be fully-vaccinated (inclusive of booster shots) against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, absent qualifying exemptions for medical, religious, or other reasons in accordance with all applicable laws.
To Apply: Please follow this link to submit your application: https://jobapply.page.link/ZyEz
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.