The Baltimore Museum of Art is seeking an experienced Help Desk Technician to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and email in a courteaous manner.
- Buile rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers and peripherals.
This full time, exempt position reports to the IT Manager.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of information technology or computer science
- 1-3 years experience preferred
- ASCP, CompTIA A+, HDI-CSR, MCSA or other relevant certifications
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including Mac and Windows
- Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office 2013, Adobe Creative Cloud
- Excellent interpersonal, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and documentation skills
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
The BMA is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. For this exempt position we offer medical, dental, vision, prescription; 403b deferred compensation retirement plan; long term disability, and employee assistance program; flexible spending & transportation account; flexible and condensed scheduling; discounts at our museum shop, programs and exhibitions, and restaurant; reduced fee gym membership; and a continuing education discount. We also offer 4 weeks of earned vacation, 8 holidays, 3 personal days, 2 floating holidays, and 12 sick days each fiscal year.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via e-mail to HR@artbma.org with “IT Help Desk” and include your first and last name in the subject line next to the title.
Incomplete application materials will not be accepted.
No phone calls please.