The Frist Art Museum in Nashville, TN seeks a motivated IT professional for a new entry-level position providing end-user support and training (both on-site and remote) for the information technology and audio and visual systems of FAM. The Helpdesk Associate is primarily responsible for assisting employees in all facets of end-user computing. This vital team member enables the Frist’s staff to maximize their efficiency and more effectively achieve the goals stated in our mission.
More information is available at: https://fristartmuseum.org/careers/
CV may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Job Description Highlights:
Under direction of the Manager of Digital Systems and in collaboration with IT and client staff, the Helpdesk Associate will:
- Receive, review, respond, and resolve support tickets and requests from on-site and remote workers, and will escalate when necessary.
- Support and maintain all end-user software and hardware used at the Frist Art Museum.
- Maintain documentation and hardware/software inventory.
- Configure and deploy workstations for end-users.
- Support meetings and other activities using Frist audio-visual equipment and systems.
- Look for opportunities to improve technologies and workflow.
- Attend technology related meetings as required and contribute as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- First-hand experience supporting Windows 10 and core Microsoft 365 applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must be able to research and learn new applications, and then apply that knowledge quickly. Must be able to clearly document and clearly communicate technologies and policies to non-technical users.
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule and to work weekends and after hours when necessary.
- Tech stack includes Active Directory, Microsoft 365, Windows Server 2016, VMware, Veeam, Cisco Meraki, Cisco UCS, Cylance, FortiGate, and several SaaS platforms.
- End-user technologies include Windows 10, macOS 10 and 11, Android, iOS, Canon multifunction devices, Altru, FileMaker, Teams, Zoom, and Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Ideal candidate will have experience working in an IT and/or AV department with 50-100 end users, as well as customer service experience in a non-profit or arts environment.
Education: Bachelor or Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field preferred.