What We Do
We’re Philadelphia’s art museum, a landmark building, a world-renowned collection. A place that welcomes everyone. We bring the arts to life, inspiring visitors—through scholarly study or creative play—to discover the creative spirit that lies within each of us. We connect people with the arts in rich and varied ways, making the experience of the Museum surprising, lively, and always memorable.
How You Will Contribute
This is a rare opportunity for a truly gifted designer to shine in an arts and culture environment where their contributions will play a large role in what our visitors, both in the galleries and online, will experience. We are looking for a stand-out talent who will significantly further our efforts to create high-quality and genuinely rewarding digital experiences with our art.
This person will be responsible for designing and producing graphics for our mobile applications, touchscreen interactives and web pages, which are delivered on a variety of digital platforms. The role requires experience in User Experience design, as well as sophisticated digital screen design. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to create new and more compelling digital interactive experiences for our visitors in our galleries and online using a variety of platforms ranging from in-gallery kiosks to mobile apps to websites. Everything we do is visitor-focused, and that should be at the heart of our design approach.
Specifically, you will…
- Balance the best visual designs with practical usability issues.
- Be responsible for thinking through User Path design to give visitors an intuitive, seamless and rewarding experience.
- Be an excellent team player and collaborator, eager to develop high-quality projects through team input and thorough visitor testing.
- Conduct design crit sessions, adapting design ideas to meet technical criteria and end users’ needs.
- Establish Interactive Design Standards for our projects, working with the Museum’s Graphic Identity Systems.
- Work closely with our Creative Director and Editorial Graphics team to ensure the Museum’s brand and visual approach are evident in all our project designs.
Your diverse background includes…
- Excellent graphic design and graphic production abilities, with a keen eye and strong esthetic design sense.
- At least 2 years of job experience in User Experience Design, including user journeys, user testing, storyboarding, wireframes, screen mocks ups and prototyping.
- At least 3 years of experience in digital graphics design and production for web, mobile, iOS/Android and interactive applications.
- Prefer a Master’s Degree in Human Factors or User Experience Design, or similar.
- Knowledge and experience with design for digital accessibility needs, including ASL, WCAG, etc.
- Knowledge of web content development flows, best-practices and industry standards.
- Experience with public-facing projects with large take-up rates and sophisticated interactions that people love to use (need to see specific examples).
- Thorough knowledge and experience with leading graphics creation tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Sketch, Marvel, 3D Modeling Software, Photo Stitching software, etc.
- Experience with prototyping tools and some multimedia production abilities.
- HTML, CSS and JS knowledge to visualize concepts, create mock ups and visualize interaction patterns.
Who We Are
Our values define who we are. They drive the way we do things and the decisions we make. We are open – we welcome everyone, opening eyes and minds to the expressive power of the arts. We are connected – we sustain and strengthen the communities we serve, bringing together diverse audiences. We are vital – we bring the arts to life, engaging visitors from Philadelphia and around the world. We are provocative – we believe that the arts can change the way we understand ourselves and how we see the world.
We expect every employee, department, and division to work collaboratively with all others, inspired by a shared purpose. We respect each other as individuals and colleagues. We encourage innovation and support one another’s efforts, recognizing that innovation involves risk. We are an equal opportunity employer that actively seeks to employ a diverse group of people who embody our values.
What We Offer
Our employees are at the center of the Museum. We want to ensure they are engaged in their work and rewarded for a job well done. We offer generous benefits and compensation such as:
- Extensive paid time off, including four weeks’ vacation, five personal days, and twelve sick days per year
- Retirement savings program with Museum match
- Excellent health, dental, and vision benefits at low cost to employees
- Fully paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- Museum Perks – tickets for special exhibitions, store and café discounts, free general admission for immediate family, reciprocal memberships with local and national museums, and more.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume with your online application at: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=philadmoa&jobId=153188&lang=en_US&source=CC3