We Are Committed to an Inclusive Workplace
At the Philadelphia Museum of Art, we actively seek to employ a diverse group of people who embody our organizational values. We welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply, including those from traditionally underrepresented groups in the museum field, who are inspired by our shared purpose and enjoy working collaboratively with others.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected status.
How You Will Contribute
As part of the Interactive Team in Division for Digital Resources and Content Strategy, the Interactive Project Manager works collaboratively to define, scope, schedule, track, manage and coordinate projects related to the maintenance and development of the museum’s website; online digital publications; and in-gallery digital interactives. The Project Manager facilitates the effective workflow of information and deliverables across all museum departments (particularly Interpretation, Curatorial, Evaluation, Collections Information, Publishing, Marketing, Editorial & Graphic Design).
Specifically, you will:
- Manage Interactive Team workloads via multiple Active Sprint boards using Agile/Scrum project management techniques. Create and assign work tickets for each 2-week sprint based on incoming requests and internal team development priorities. Maintain and prioritize ticket backlog.
- Schedule and lead Scrum ceremonies for the team: daily standup meetings, weekly team working meetings, biweekly sprint planning, and monthly retrospectives.
- Escalate blocked work and other high-level concerns to the weekly Product Owner meeting.
- Coordinate RFPs, scope documentation, and progress check-ins with contractors supporting the team with Drupal and ElasticSearch development, ongoing WCAG 2.0 accessibility compliance, Google Analytics dashboards, CMS asset production, and other development or strategy deliverables.
- Offer guidance to content authors across the museum to ensure that web and other digital deliverables conform to technical specs, accessibility guidelines, and museum visual/verbal brand guidelines.
- Respond to work requests, bug reports, ticket/work status and general website questions and concerns from all staff via team e-mail.
- Assist in communicating work in progress to various project working groups and museum staff in general via GoToWebinar, GoToMeeting, Microsoft Teams, PowerPoint decks and all-staff emails.
- Maintain project Sharepoint site to house documentation on team workflow, production specs, project communications, and other project stakeholder information.
- Keep up with industry best practices in Agile project management, Drupal-based website development, and ongoing digital transformation processes.
- Participate in departmental meetings and training sessions, as needed
Your background and experience include:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working as a Project Manager in digital production environments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; particularly in communicating with non-technical members of museum staff
- Thorough knowledge of Scrum project management and Design Thinking/iterative production techniques and processes Agile
- Expertise with project tracking tools such as JIRA Software Development, Trello, or other Agile/Scrum software
- Familiarity with Drupal 8 and its associated content management systems
- Experience creating presentation decks in a branded template and delivering presentations via video chat client (GoToWebinar, Microsoft Teams, or other)
- Ability to evaluate business priorities, KPI’s, analytics, and metrics in assessing project health and success
- Willingness to observe, refine, and potentially create new processes for maintaining team efficiency, accountability, and communication
What We Offer
Our employees are at the center of the museum and we encourage everyone to be actively engaged in museum culture and activities. As an employee, you will have access to numerous museum perks including, but not limited to:
- Free general admission to the museum for you and your immediate family
- Discounted guest tickets for general admission and special exhibitions
- Discounts on gift memberships
- Special staff tours and presentations from our world-renowned curatorial staff
- Discounts at the museum restaurant, all museum cafés, and museum retail stores
We offer a competitive benefits package* for employees including:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Fully paid short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, and life insurance
- Health savings or flexible spending account program
- Retirement savings program with museum match
- Paid vacation, personal days, sick days, and holidays
*Eligibility for certain benefits is based on a variety of factors including the employee’s regular schedule and tenure.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume with your online application at: https://philamuseum.applytojob.com/apply/MBHtn7UsAI/Interactive-Project-Manager